I'm sure this must have been discussed many times, but I couldn't find it.  My question;  Is Formation IQ progressively more important as you move up from III to II to 1-AA to 1-A?  It doesn't seem to have much importance at Div III.  Thanks.
8/24/2013 12:19 PM
Honestly, I would assume that nobody knows if it is important at all, much less varying degrees of importance.

8/24/2013 12:29 PM
Theoretically, it should be more important as you move up.  However, it is still minimal impact (via straightforward mathematics), and lastly, bhouska is correct.
8/24/2013 12:43 PM
If asked that same question when I just returned from my hiatus from WIS I would have said that formation IQ is huge, now that I have tested and retested formation IQ I'm at the maybe it does maybe it doesn't stage.  I've been beaten by too many teams who utilize all the formations in one game and seen a few teams in DI win the NC with no formation IQ practice.   At the same time I've won many close games against equal to slightly better teams where I think my formation IQ limited the mistakes and increased the chances of using an "Aggressive"  defense on 3rd and long on getting a sack or pick.   
"Maybe it does , maybe it doesn't"   
8/24/2013 1:59 PM

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.