The World Kinsella Season 23 is complete (Congrats to the Pittsburgh Pirates on their first WS title!) and I am searching for candidates for Season #24.
This is a top quality world (Ranked #12 in the tomjames all-world rankings) that was originally formed by me through a specific screening process with the following stipulations:
· Veteran owners only (min. of 2 completed seasons)
· Active participation and attention to all levels of the franchise (no 0(0) pitching staffs, no studs getting drafted away in Rule 5)
· Respected by fellow owners
The 2nd and 3rd bullet were confirmed by looking at the worlds they were in with transactions, draft records, and reading the world chat. I also sent anonymous surveys to peers in their worlds to ensure that they were a good fit (which I have also done and continue to do with all subsequent applicants).
Typically, our turnover is very low and we still have 8 original league members.
Other features of this world include:
· An active blog World Kinsella Blog (We welcome volunteers with interest.)
· A strict MLB theme as all franchises will remain constant for the history of the world. (No Colorado, have added Montreal Expos and minor league teams from Portland and Charlotte, the two largest markets without an MLB team.)
· Great parity as all 32 franchises have at least one playoff appearance and no team has made it more than 16 of our 23 seasons and no team has won more than 3 world series.
Our World Rules are as follows:
1. All team cities and names shall remain constant for the life of the world.
2. Minor League Win Pct. Minimum: Every minor league team (AAA-Low A) is required to win at a .250 win pct. or higher. The first offense will result in a warning. For every subsequent offense the GM will be required to forfeit $4M from the following season's budget. (Each AAA-Low A minor league team that does not meet the .250 win pct. threshold in any season is considered a separate offense.) This will be accomplished by budgeting $2M extra in the coaching budget for every offense. Immediately after budget day, the GM will transfer $4M per offense to the coaching budget (losing $2M per offense in the transfer) and then transfer $4M per offense back to the payroll (losing another $2M per offense in the transfer). Failure to comply with any penalties issued for these violations will result in immediate removal from the league.
3. Major League Win Minimums: If any franchise wins less than 54 ML games in a season or less than 120 games in any two consecutive seasons (only seasons with the same GM are applicable), then they will forfeit their 1st Round pick in the following season's Amateur Draft. The forfeiture will be accomplished by placing a worthless minor league prospect (current core ratings should be in the teens or worse) as the #1 ranked player in their Amateur Draft prospect ranking and leaving the player unsigned. Failure to comply with any penalties issued for these violations will result in immediate removal from the league.
This season we have one planned opening in the NL:
Hardball Dynasty – Fantasy Baseball Sim Games - Arizona Diamondbacks Franchise Profile
Just won the NL West last season. This team is competitive now.
Please site mail me with your interest.
8/28/2013 11:27 PM (edited)