Recruiting in my first year of GD Topic

I am getting ready to play my first ever season of GD. The program I took has been a perennial cellar dweller in DIII for the past few seasons, so obviously my task right now is to start rebuilding the program. I have 10 scholarships open.  I have a few recruiting questions: 1. How good are my chances of getting a few recruits from the top of the DIII list? Will they most likely go to schools with more successful programs? 2. Is it better to focus on getting 2-3 great recruits, then fill the rest of the 10 spots with last-signing-day scraps? Or would it be better to go after 10 pretty good recruits? 3. Should I even waste any time going after local DII recruits? Should I just stick with projected DIII players? 4. Should I stay close to home - say less than 100 miles? Or do I have a chance of getting 1 or 2 quality recruits from around the country? Does distance away make a big difference? Thanks. Any additional info is also appreciated.
8/27/2013 9:46 AM
check out the D3 Recruiting Manifesto thread that i bumped to the top of the forum for you. It is an excellent resource
8/27/2013 10:05 AM
Thanks!
8/27/2013 10:06 AM
Does low GPA raise any red flags. A few of the recruits I am looking at have GPAs of 2.1 and 2.2. Can this lead to future problems with eligibility?
8/28/2013 9:39 AM
GPA has to do with how fast the recruit gains formation knowledge which in this game engine is a non-factor. Don't worry too much about GPA. No eligibility worries in GD.
8/28/2013 11:35 AM
Sign the best players you can. In D3 don't worry about gpa or anything other their 2 or 3 attributes that are relevant to their position.
8/29/2013 9:53 AM
Somewhere I saw a table that deciphered the different scouting report verbage into STL, Great, Good, etc. But now I can't find it. Anyone know what I'm talking about, and where I can find it again?
8/29/2013 6:51 PM
Its been posted in this forum many times.  maybe search for "potential".  Also, the "manifesto" is really good.
8/29/2013 9:24 PM
http://www.whatifsports.com/forums/Posts.aspx?TopicID=451760&TopicsTimeframe=30
9/2/2013 9:14 PM
Get yatzr's tool from GDReports.com
9/3/2013 2:23 PM
Recruiting in my first year of GD Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.