1981 JFK prog lg FULL! Topic

UPDATE: League is full!

Due to increased interest in this site, particularly the popularity and stability of this league specifically, expansion to 20 teams will occur in time for the 1981 season. This offseason, there will not be unlimited keepers but each team will keep 15 players (including IR players) to be protected from the 4 new teams during the expansion draft. Everyone not protected or later pulled back who finished the season on someone's roster -- even players going on or coming off IR for the 1981 season -- is eligible for the expansion draft. Once a team loses a player to the expansion draft, the established team may pull back 2 players, then the 2nd round of expansion begins, and then 1 more pullback per team, then the 3rd round of expansion until each new team has 12 players before the regular 1981 draft. 
A final expansion to 24 teams (with 3 divisions and a wild card per league) will occur in 1993 in this league as well. After the expansion draft, the 16 established teams may choose to keep or discard each of their remaining players.

Also, in order to protect and keep the full 18 players, a team must have at least 21 keeper-eligible players (including IR), since every team must lose 3 players. 15 protected, then 1 taken, then 2 pulled back, then 1 taken, then 1 pulled back, then 1 taken, otherwise the amount of players you can keep will be deducted starting with the later rounds of the expansion draft (i.e. if you have 20 keeper-eligibles, you may not pull back anyone before the 3rd round, and if you have 19 keeper-eligibles, you also may pull back only 1 player instead of 2 before the 2nd round).

The order of the expansion draft will be drawn as A, B, C, and D by a neutral party, with A being the first owner to claim a team, B being the second, C being the third, and D being the fourth. The expansion draft will be in a snake format. Every expansion team must take 12 players in the expansion draft; all 16 established teams will lose 3 players each.

For the season draft, A through D will be drawn the same way to determine picks 4 through 7, except that since this is not a snake draft, the expansion team that picks ahead of the other three in a given round will move to the back of the group in the next round, with the other three teams moving up one spot apiece.

League settings: 4 divisions of 5 teams each, no wild card until we expand to 24 with 6 divisions of 4 each in 1993. Minimum 40 games Live for playoffs and bottom-3 lottery, DH in AL only, no WW, no clones. Trades are allowed but may not trade draft picks that would occur more than 1 season after the current season or offseason, no injuries, 6 vetoes needed to nix a trade (will be 8 when expanded to 24 teams). In non-expansion years, there are unlimited keepers.

AAA is currently 6/4 average, but we will vote after the expansion draft and before the season draft whether to change it to a 4-to-6-round real MLB player draft for AAA, which would occur after every team has 25 MLB players. Majority (11 out of 20) would be needed for the change in AAA status.

Available cities:

AL: Cleveland, Oakland, Kansas City, Seattle, Arlington (Texas), Toronto.

NL: Los Angeles, Philadelphia, St. Louis, San Diego.

I will open the site to anyone who claims a team on this thread. Good luck!
9/19/2013 12:00 AM (edited)
I will take Oakland
8/30/2013 2:20 PM
I take one Texas
8/30/2013 2:29 PM
Thanks, CMB and Tato. That was quick! Now we need 2 NL owners. Texas will be in the AL East and Oakland will be in the AL West.
8/30/2013 2:31 PM
good owners...welcome guys
8/30/2013 8:11 PM
This is the best run league I've ever been a part of...I would take another team if i could.

You should join.
9/3/2013 10:53 PM
I take this team and drop the expansion
9/12/2013 9:06 AM
Please read my sitemail.
9/12/2013 12:51 PM
ok keep the expansion team
9/12/2013 4:56 PM
11kwyetman28 takes an expansion team in St. Louis.
9/14/2013 10:21 AM (edited)
I need one for NL expansion team owner in Philly, LA, or SD.
9/15/2013 10:53 AM
Tato has too many real-life commitments, so an AL team is now open too.

Cleveland, Toronto, Kansas City, and Texas are available for this team, which will be in the AL East. Oakland is in the AL West, and I can't justify placing Oakland or Seattle in the AL East, or putting both AL expansion teams in the AL West.

9/16/2013 6:24 PM
One free team to each expansion team owner who plays at least 40 Live games in 1981. This includes CMB and Kwyet, who have already joined.
9/18/2013 10:41 AM
I will take a Cleveland team.
9/18/2013 4:11 PM
Thanks, CS.

We just need 1 NL team: Philly, LA, or SD.
9/18/2013 6:00 PM
12 Next ▸
1981 JFK prog lg FULL! Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.