1980 OFP - Need 1 for the Dodgers Topic

We need two owners for our 1980 single season progressive league.  We are entering our 12th season.

16 team league
No DH or AAA (supplied for trades only)
League Format:  Alt WIS Format B (4/4/4/4--4 total playoff teams:  Balanced schedule and No Interleague Play)
No I/R restrictions
Stadium must be the current stadium of one of the original 16 baseball franchises.

Win Floor Rule (note:  this has only come into effect once in 11 seasons)
Win Floor will be set at 35 at the 120 gm mark. If you win 33-34 games, you lose 2 spots in round 1, If you win 30-32 games, you lose 4 spots in round 1, if you win 28-29 games, you lose 6 spots in round 1, if you win 25-27 games, you lose 8 spots in round 1, and if you fail to win at least 25, you bump to the end of round 1.

Example:  Team A wins 32 games and Team B wins 34.  All other teams win at least 35 games.  Team A loses 4 spots and will therefore pick 5th overall (1st >> 5th).  Team B loses 2 spots and will therefore pick 4th (2nd >>4th).  The rest of the draft order is determined by wins at the 120 game mark.  In this example, the first overall pick would go to the team with the worst record who had at least 35 wins.  Team B has 2nd pick, then 2 more picks, then team A with 5th overall pick.  Win floor is not in effect for all other rounds.
8/31/2013 10:16 AM (edited)
Los Angeles Dodgers - Dodger Stadium
Cuts still need to be made - We will be drafting 1980 soon.  We have about 20 games left in the regular season.  No trades or I/R players.

Drafting 12th overall

Pitchers
Mike Flanagan
Ross Baumgarten
John Montefusco
Brian Kingman
Rollie Fingers
Frank Pastore
Kent Tekulve
Dave Goltz
Fred Norman
Mike Parrot
Don Robinson
Bob Stanley

Hitters
Thurman Munson RIP
George Brett
Willie Stargell
Julio Cruz
Garry Templeton
Miguel Dilone
Omar Moreno
Ron LeFlore
Bill Robinson
Reggie Smith
Larry Milbourne
Jeff Newman
Pat Putnam
9/3/2013 11:16 AM (edited)
TAKEN!!!

New York Yankees - Yankee Stadium
Cuts still need to be made - We will be drafting 1980 soon.  We have about 20 games left in the regular season.  No trades or I/R players.

Drafting 3rd overall!

Pitchers
Don Aase
Larry Gura
Burt Hooton
Frank Tanana
John Tudor
Rick Rhoden
Kevin Saucier
Warren Brustar
Ron Reed
Enrique Romo
Silvio Martinez
David Palmer

Hitters
Rod Carew
Chris Chambliss
Rick Burleson
Al Bumbry
Bobby Bonds
Rick Manning
Claudell Washington
Ellis Valentine
Jim Essian
Darrell Porter
Mike Edwards
Butch Hobson
Aurelio Rodriguez
Tom Veryzer
Bill Sample
9/1/2013 7:17 PM (edited)
One owner went MIA (in a lot of leagues I hear) and one owner wanted to go back to 1 team in the league after a couple of seasons with 2.  Great league ... great owners.  20 games left.  We usually start drafting during the playoffs and have a quick turnaround.  Both teams have good talent.  Sitemail me with questions.  First come first serve.  Claim your team by posting in this thread.  Thanks for considering this league!

Derek
8/30/2013 11:32 PM
I will take the yankees
9/1/2013 1:56 PM
OK jeff you got the Yankees
9/1/2013 7:16 PM

1980 George Brett ... who wants a chance to see if Brett can bat .400?

9/3/2013 11:05 AM
are rosters 25?  or is there any manual AAA drafting?

where will Dodgers pick in draft?

9/5/2013 1:45 PM (edited)
Rosters are 25.  Unlimited keepers.  Dodgers pick 12th.  AAA is below average and only supplied for unbalanced trades (player for draft pick).  Let me know if you have any other questions.
9/5/2013 2:23 PM
1980 OFP - Need 1 for the Dodgers Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.