Individual base stealing agressiveness Topic

Why do we not have the ability to control each players base stealing aggressiveness?  I played dozens of seasons in the SIM and in player settings you can set each players base stealing aggressiveness from 0-5.  There is no excuse for me to have some 30 rated speed guy going 1 for 9 in SB's.  It may seem minor, but it isn't minor when when some guy who has no right to be stealing a base runs you out of a rally in a big game or a playoff game.  We have the ability to set pitch counts and pull settings for every pitcher,why not base stealing agressiveness for each hitter?  
9/2/2013 2:30 PM
In short: overall base stealing frequency and success is pretty close to ML "normal".

If you were to introduce individual base stealing controls, then you would see base stealing become "restricted" by owners to only those players who can achieve an above-average success rate.  That would lead to teams having only 1 or 2 base stealers, but they would each be stealing around 80 bases or more a year at around a 90% success rate.

Then you would see threads about how base stealing is broken because the overall numbers look nowhere near normal.
9/2/2013 2:34 PM
Secondly WIS has repeatedly said this will never happen.
9/2/2013 2:40 PM
I think they said "This, in fact, will never happen."
9/2/2013 2:53 PM
Interesting that in SimLeague they allow that control.  I can take 87 Will Clark who went 5-22 in SB's and set him to 0 and he will pretty much attempt zero SB's.  On the same roster I could have say...81 Tim Raines set him to 5 and watch him probably steal 100.  The SB's percentages seem to work out pretty well in HBD, but the top guys success rates are greater than RL where you don't see guys going 70 for 71, and conversely you don't see anybody going 5 for 50 in a career in real life either.  Not complaining too much, love the game.  It's just frustrating when in a clutch game you have Joe Schmo who is one for eight on the season get thrown out stealing in the eighth inning to kill a rally.
9/2/2013 9:45 PM
bump for sandberg
5/7/2015 9:08 PM
Individual base stealing agressiveness Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.