First year recruiting above d3, can anyone provide some tips on what to look for? I'm not sure how much higher I should raise my rating minimums and how much potential and work ethic matter.

Thanks in advance.
9/2/2013 9:53 PM
Win lots of games, and use yatzr's tool.
9/3/2013 9:05 AM
Basically add 10 points to your minimum criteria.  So, if you were looking for a 40/40 (STR/BLK) Offensive Lineman at D3....now you would want a minimum 50/50.  Basically apply that across the board and you will be close. 

IMO, POT and WE matter about the same as at D3.  High pot and high WE are great to have.

Also, use of yatzr's tool is a must at all levels.
9/3/2013 10:59 AM
I use the yatzr tool, I'll just need to bump up my mins for core ratings a bit as suggested. I am coaching Humboldt St and during my cursory look at recruits I am FAR away from the best players. Oh well, I'll probably be the closest to a few as well. To knock off sims will I need to spend 6k plus at D2 instead of the 3k plus at D3?
9/3/2013 7:20 PM
5 campus visits will usually do the trick! So whatever that costs
9/3/2013 7:24 PM
You've got a good territory at Humboldt. You should be able to stay inside your 180 for almost everyone.
9/6/2013 9:12 AM

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.