Theme leagues with 2013 players. Topic

Hey WISers,

I realize there is still some time left in the 2013 baseball season, and there are several great theme leagues recruiting owners, so I was wondering if it would be too early to create a forum thread for leagues that won't start until 2013 players are available.  If memory serves the past couple years, WIS has done a pretty good job at adding the new players to the database quickly.  I would anticipate them being available in just over a month.

A couple of theme leagues I'm thinking about running, and have been the commissioner in the past:

State of Birth: Like last time, only use 1 state and not combining neighboring states, except for North/South Carolina.  They are inseparable!  Matt Harvey was born in Connecticut, but I still don't think they can compete on their own.  Mike Trout was born in New Jersey which does not need OF help (Medwick, Goslin, Billy Hamilton!).

Home Grown: Similar to a franchise league, select a team, and use players that were originally drafted and signed by your team.  It pays homage to the amateur draft, free agency, expansion era, and teams get a mulligan on some of the terrible trades they made (I'm talking to you Bill Bavasi!)  To give you an example, Ryne Sandberg can only be on the Phillies, Jeff Bagwell can only be on the Red Sox, John Smoltz can only be on the Tigers.  JD Drew can only be on the Cardinals since he so infamously shunned the Phillies when he was drafted, that the Veteran Stadium crow pelted him with batteries as a warm welcome to the city of Brotherly Love!  Twist players into any year of their career between 1965-2013.  1965 was the first year of the draft!

Playoff dream teams:  Select a year between 1969-2013 and create a team using only players from playoff team from your year.  1994 would be excluded since, as we all know, there was no post season that year (thank you so much Bud Selig!).  No twisting players.  Must use players from the year you select.  Usually play at $120 million cap w/ DH since we don't want to watch pitchers hit from this era do we?

I've been putting together some college baseball teams and I'm bound and determined to make that league work someday.  As for now, let me know who's interested in playing in these 3 theme leagues with 2013 players.

Regards,

GW
9/5/2013 2:20 PM
Theme leagues with 2013 players. Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.