Minor League coach overrides GM lineups? Topic

I have a prospect, Adam Bibby, with low durability.  After his fatigue level dropped to 80%, I took him out of both Hi-A lineups, benching him.  Imagine my surprise when I check my Hi-A roster a few days later and find out that he has apparently started every game.  What's up with that?  I wouldn't have minded if the minor league coach put him in as a late-inning replacement, but how does he end up starting the game?  For those of you who are curious, YES, I did have my Hi-A lineups set.
9/8/2013 5:06 PM
Management console.

Uncheck Have AI automatically manage offence for High A.

Then punch yourself for starting this thread.
9/8/2013 6:22 PM
I usually just de-activate fatigued prospects.   SIMMY won't activate them. 
9/8/2013 6:42 PM
Posted by deathinahole on 9/8/2013 6:22:00 PM (view original):
Management console.

Uncheck Have AI automatically manage offence for High A.

Then punch yourself for starting this thread.
It's spelled "offense" among the civilized folk.
9/8/2013 7:05 PM
The Canadians and Australians disagree.
9/8/2013 9:03 PM
Ok, an addendum--in order to cover all my bases, I went to the Management Console to uncheck "manage offence" and found that I have had it turned off all season.  What the SIM had been in charge of was managing DL lists below AAA.  So now I'm even more confused how this could happen.
9/9/2013 2:08 PM
Any chance you had less than 9 healthy players and/or a missing spot in the line-up?  Because, if you only have 8 in the line-up, SIMMY will add a 9th and ignore your settings.    It's his way of calling you a dumbass that can't count.

And you could have dropped to 8 due to promotion or injury(even a short-term one).
9/9/2013 2:21 PM
In fact, if SIMMY was managing DL, I'd just about wager he placed a player in the line-up you set on the DL and put your prospect in his place.
9/9/2013 2:22 PM
Well, that looks about as likely as anything else.  Guess I'll have to start managing my minor-league DL.  Jeez.
9/9/2013 9:21 PM
8/15/2013 11:16 PM maxdeardorff Holy Rollers Chris Duffy 1B 25 Placed on DL
8/9/2013 7:18 AM maxdeardorff Holy Rollers David McMillan P 23 Placed on DL
9/9/2013 11:04 PM
Never, NEVER EVER let SIMMY manage your minor league DL.
9/10/2013 7:23 AM
I agree.  They call players up that you might not want called up.   You get a notice when someone is injured.   It doesn't take long to fix it. 
9/10/2013 8:29 AM
Minor League coach overrides GM lineups? Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.