1 Run Games Poor Record Topic

In a league just finishing up, my team has a decent 88-66 record and is 7-6 in extra innings. However, it has a poor 15-27 record in 1 run games. Not sure if 1 run losses are just luck or is it a reflection of some relative weakness in the offense or pitching?
9/9/2013 1:51 AM
In my experience when not luck, poor records in 1-run games are often due to lack of speed, a poor bull-pen or a weak front of the rotation.  Not sure if any of that fits your team.
9/9/2013 1:58 AM
Assuming you're not doing something kooky with your team (like making your worst pitcher the closer), I chalk up bad records in 1-run games to luck.  Almost without fail when I notice a bad stretch in 1-run games, my team will turn things around and start playing better in the close ones.  For example, in a 120M theme league that recently finished, my team had an 0-8 record in 1-run games just 27 games into the season; from that point on, they went 21-16 in 1-run games.  I have a team in an OL right now that's 1-10 in 1-run games 50 games in; I predict by the end of the season we'll be a lot closer to .500 than .091 in the the close ones.
9/9/2013 3:04 PM
mostly luck. could also mean the top end of your bullpen isn't good enough. also team composition maters, speed and defense teams may do better in 1-run games while power and hitting teams are better at winning by more than 1 run.
9/9/2013 5:31 PM
1 Run Games Poor Record Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.