Recruiting Paranoia Topic

I am trying to knock off a sim for a recruit and have received the scholarship message

Coach, just following up your scholarship offer. I REALLY love your program, I'm looking forward to the signing period!

FSS is also saying:

Our sources are saying that he's definitely leaning towards playing at Whittier.

So clearly, I am in the lead.  My problem is that signings started yesterday evening and as of this morning he still has not signed.  There is another player I would like to snatch up and I have saved the money to do that, but I am a little uncertain about what is going to happen with this guy because it is a position of need for me.  I have read here before that some people have had sims put additional money into a recruit after signings have started and lost the player.  Does anyone know when I can expect this guy to sign, and if there is a danger that I could lose him to the sim if I do not put more money into it?
9/9/2013 10:00 AM (edited)
Sometimes it just takes a while for a kid to sign. You're in the lead on the sim and it won't put forth any more effort. Unless someone else tries to get the kid, he's yours and will sign with you eventually.
9/9/2013 10:36 AM
recruits considering more than one team typically sign at the 11am cycle after signings.
9/9/2013 10:49 AM
Thanks guys -- he signed, just like Dan called it, 11am cycle.
9/9/2013 11:04 AM
Posted by dan2044 on 9/9/2013 10:49:00 AM (view original):
recruits considering more than one team typically sign at the 11am cycle after signings.
This.  If the battle is stagnant or the losing school hasn't closed the gap enough between signings and 11am the following day, the battle ends at 11 (EST)
9/9/2013 11:25 AM
Posted by dan2044 on 9/9/2013 10:49:00 AM (view original):
If it's a battle between two human coached teams, it can take all the way until 8 a.m. on the final day before he signs.  I've had this happen many, many times.  And yes, I realize you said "typically", not "will".  Just pointing out that it *can* take longer than that 11 a.m. cycle.
9/10/2013 2:30 AM
Recruiting Paranoia Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.