DH type at 1B or C? Topic

Well I ended up trading him shortly after this conversation, so he'll be useful for the AL team that got him and can play him at DH.  I would've liked to get his bat in there since, from a purely offensive perspective, he's certainly useful, but ultimately agree that the defense creates bigger problems.  Will likely call up Victor Navarre instead and slot him in at 1B.  Thanks for the help and evaluation, just seeing various thought processes has helped out a lot.
7/15/2015 11:18 AM (edited)
Posted by jonas1102 on 9/10/2013 11:22:00 AM (view original):
Well yeah he would be better with a 80+ RH split, that wasn't my point.  The point is you look at a 60 RH 80 LH split and you think can only hit lefties, but RHP have lower splits vs. LHB so his 60 split is of much higher value because he is LH and not RH with a 60 split.
Sorry I wasn't clear.  If he hit right handed, with the same splits, he would crush lefties and be really unplayable against righties.  I would prefer that to his being mediocre against both. 

If he were a better hitter or fielder and as such a clear starter, then I would agree with you.  But for bench guys I'd prefer they did one thing well, even if it's just  hitting LHP.

9/10/2013 2:02 PM

What are your expectations for Navarre?
I think you might end up being a bit disappointed.
He doesn’t have much power, won’t ever hit RHP very well.
I suspect he's going to be a .760 or so OPS guy, with slightly above average Defense for 1b.  I want more out of my 1b.

That said, he's an upgrade over what you had.

9/11/2013 1:28 PM
◂ Prev 12
DH type at 1B or C? Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.