Poll: ways to improve HBD? (& Schmidt wait list) Topic

Hello
Scroll down if you are here for the poll.  

Schmidt World has rolled for Season 19, as of October 8, 2013.  We are happy to hear from prospective owners interested in joining us for Season 20...

A little bit about Schmidt:

1. Balanced competition: we have had 6 different World Series champions in the last 7 seasons.  

2. Deep roster of skilled owners: of our returning 30, eighteen have won a World Series, and a few others are knocking on the door.  Having so many experienced owners, there is frequent discussion about effective team craft, best ways to spend $$, and the deeper mysteries of player ratings.  

3. (Relatively) low drama: we try to follow a low social-cholesterol diet that avoids public spats in the chat room.  Trash-talking is fine if it stays good-natured.  

4. Newcomers are welcome: we generally accept at least 1 newcomer each season, and Schmidt is a good place to learn.  There is a lot of active discussion in Schmidt, both in world chat and via trade chat, and newbies can get sound advice about learning the game, and vets are generally very helpful with offering second opinions on trades.  [Special note: second opinions - it's always sensible to be skeptical of advice from your prospective trade partner. There's no rule about it, but the commish (me) generally encourages newcomers to avoid trades until they have had a season of experience to learn the game and get an idea about the other owners.]

5. We discourage tanking: nay, we loathe tanking.  All owners should make an honest effort to field a respectable big league team.  This is enforced using a minimum win requirement (MWR) that owners must win 50 games in any single season or 120 games spanning any 2 consecutive seasons.  Because no new owner should be punished if they take over a struggling team, new owners are exempt from the MWR in their first season.  

Please sitemail your queries to the commish (me) or post below.  We look forward to hearing from you!
10/9/2013 10:29 PM (edited)
What changes would you most like to see WIS include in Hardball? 

Please feel free to post more suggestions below.  Thanks-

Votes: 64
(Last vote received: 10/12/2013 10:25 AM)
9/20/2013 1:10 PM
zoo,  nice job with the creativity   -thats my old team -did I do that good a job drafting?  ----you are spot on about HBD needing a boost.  Schmidt like several HBD worlds lack a true competive spirit.  case in point was all the bashing I took with some trades that would help my team with the old guard swooping in with an after bash deal  ---drama aside as I'd like to be as possitive as possible as I am in other worlds with the same problem---it would be nice if HBD would allow some customization to make worlds work better.....If you can pull that off I may want my old team back..   Mr Bill ----(real life HS coach retired and umpire)
9/23/2013 12:58 PM
Hi bill!

And so far no one likes the 'Idiot Factor.'  I too thought it was the weakest of the bunch. 
9/23/2013 10:17 PM (edited)
Everyone has a moment in their life when everything starts breaking their way. Just maybe joining our league is that moment.......probably not... but why risk it, Join Today!
9/26/2013 11:44 AM
Oh, put me in, Coach - I'm ready to play today;
Put me in, Coach - I'm ready to play today;
Look at me, I can be Centerfield .......
Join Schmidt today! Do it for the love of the game!
Do it for John Fogerty!
9/29/2013 6:19 PM
10/3/2013 2:30 AM
Tough day in MLB playoffs!...... Time to play HBD....join Schmidt league today
10/4/2013 10:12 PM
Thanks for visiting— Schmidt has rolled for Season 19, but we are happy to hear from prospective owners for Season 20.  
10/9/2013 10:30 PM
Poll: ways to improve HBD? (& Schmidt wait list) Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.