Challenge #6: MLB Wildcard (Reward)/Challenge #7: Texas Hold Em (Immunity)
Your tribes will be making picks for EACH of these 3 games:
- Mon night: Rangers vs Rays
- Tues night: Reds vs Pirates
- Wed night: Mon night winner vs Indians
THERE ARE 4 SETS OF PICKS FOR EACH GAME
1) Predict the starting lineups for each team - 1 pt for each player in the correct spot and fielding position in the batting order, for all 3 games.
2) Predict the runs in each inning of each game - 1 pt for the total runs each inning for both teams combined, for all 3 games. 0 if you get it wrong. No extra inning predictions, just the first 9.
For example, you predict 1/1/1 for the first 3 innings of the first game. In the first inning neither team scores, you don't get a point. In the second inning, Team A scores a run and Team B does not. That's 1 total for the inning so you get a point. In the third inning, Team A scores a run and Team B also scores a run. That's 2 total for the inning so you don't get a point. (Note: Don't follow the example and only pick for the first 3 innings, pick all 9)
3) Predict the pitchers - Predict the pitchers used by each team in every game. 5 pts for each correct pitcher in a row, until you miss. Bonus 10 pts if you get the exact complete order. This part of the challenge will include extra innings, if applicable.
For example, let's say Texas starts Apple on Monday. Then they bring in Banana in the 7th, Cherry in the 8th and Doughnut in the 9th to end the game.
If you predicted: Apple/Banana/Cherry/Doughnut, you'd get 30 pts (5 for each pitcher in the right order + 10 bonus for getting them all right)
If you predicted: Apple/Banana/Cherry, you'd get 15 pts (5 for each in the right order, but no bonus)
If you predicted: Apple/Banana/Cherry/Doughnut/Eclair you'd get 20 pts (5 for each in the right order, but no bonus)
If you predicted: Apple/Cherry/Banana/Doughnut you'd get 5 points (only 5 because you missed the 2nd pitcher)
4) Predict the winning team of each game and margin of victory: 10 pts for picking the winning team each game. -1 pt for each run you are off the margin of victory in either direction.
TB1 - Total runs scored in the Rangers/Rays game
TB2 - Total hits in the Reds/Pirates game
TB3 - Order received
Please send all entries to me.
All entries due by 5PM ET on Monday. (Note: if you pick the winner of Monday's game wrong, your picks for that team in Wednesday's game will be 0, however your combined runs per inning picks will still apply, as well as your picks for the Indians lineup, pitchers used and winning team, if you pick them)
Weather delays can go until Thursday night at the latest, at that point, whatever games have been completed will be totaled and the challenge is over.
As a bonus for winning today's challenge, if the Villains tribe picks the losing team to go forward to play the Indians in Wednesday's game, they will be allowed to change any of their picks for that game. If they do, those changes will be due by 5PM ET on Tuesday (unless there is a weather delay on Monday, in which case the time/day will be changed based on the completion of that game). So, this could be a huge bonus, or completely worthless, which I'm ok with since this is "only" a Reward Challenge.
The winning tribe will receive clues for a hidden immunity idol.
The losing tribe will have one less player for Friday nights Texas Hold Em Immunity Challenge:
Friday Night at 7PM ET, we will be having a Texas Hold Em immunity challenge.
Each tribe will submit 3 players to play (except the losing tribe from the Reward Challenge which will only submit 2 players), along with Casey and myself.
We can accept player changes right up until we start, in case one of the players you submit to play cannot attend.
Whichever tribe has all their players knocked out first, will go to tribal council.
The winning players tribe will get an advantage in the next immunity challenge. If Casey or myself win, whichever castaway lasts the longest will win the challenge for their tribe.
In addition, if anyone knocks Casey or myself out of the tournament, they will individually win an idol clue.