Contract Renewal / Free Agent questions Topic

I think I get it for the most part, but could someone confirm what will happen with these players at the end of the season:

Hardball Dynasty – Fantasy Baseball Sim Games - Player Profile: Adam Burns

I signed Burns who was a free agent after 6 minor league years.  If he's on the big league roster will his contract be simply renewed and if so at what cost?  If I designate him and he's in the minor leagues off the 40 man will that change his contract renewal status?

Hardball Dynasty – Fantasy Baseball Sim Games - Player Profile: Yusmeiro Vazquez

I recently traded for this player and he's on track to be a 6 year minor league FA after this season.  If I put him on the 40 man roster will this change?  If I put him on the 40 man, but leave him in minor leagues will his contract renew and, if so, at what amount?

Also more generally, if I have players making big league minimum which I designate will their contracts renew at a minor league pay level?  If so, can I do that with Rule 5 guys after the season (during playoffs maybe?).  Perhaps there's a thread (or help topic?) that addresses these questions someone could point out.  Really appreciate any guidance.
9/12/2013 9:33 AM
1)  On the 40, 500k.  Off the 40, FA.
2)  Should be 343k if I'm reading the transactions properly.

9/12/2013 9:50 AM
Contract Renewal / Free Agent questions Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.