Which D1-A school to pick? Topic

What is/are the best teams to try to grab up in D1-A recruiting wise? I should be able to grab an elite this year, but should I consider a school like Oregon with no real competition? Or should I definitely take an elite over the rest? And what are the best elites to grab up location and competition wise? It always seems like Penn State is killing recruiting and the rankings...
9/12/2013 4:36 PM
Are you using another username?

9/12/2013 8:05 PM
Posted by bhouska on 9/12/2013 8:05:00 PM (view original):

Hmmm.
9/12/2013 8:45 PM
Posted by bhouska on 9/12/2013 8:05:00 PM (view original):

I am guessing he is referring to his Beta team in Argento since the season just wrapped up.
9/12/2013 11:00 PM
Yes I am referring to my Beta team but posted in this forum b/c I'm guessing it is checked more often... Didn't get Penn State oh well. But am I right to think that you take an elite if possible over all others?
9/13/2013 8:24 AM
Posted by bjohara1 on 9/13/2013 8:24:00 AM (view original):
Yes I am referring to my Beta team but posted in this forum b/c I'm guessing it is checked more often... Didn't get Penn State oh well. But am I right to think that you take an elite if possible over all others?
Penn  State already has a coach from this past season.  I think the only elite still open is Alabama. 
9/13/2013 11:27 AM
Yes I said I didn't get the job. Season 6 they didn't have a coach.... Anyway...Anybody care to answer my question? Elite>>>anything else for winning recruiting battles?
9/13/2013 11:43 AM
Posted by bjohara1 on 9/13/2013 11:43:00 AM (view original):
Yes I said I didn't get the job. Season 6 they didn't have a coach.... Anyway...Anybody care to answer my question? Elite>>>anything else for winning recruiting battles?
Check out the responses in the forum "Winning and Recruiting".
9/13/2013 8:35 PM
Posted by bjohara1 on 9/13/2013 11:43:00 AM (view original):
I wasn't trying to be a jerk.  Season 5 and 6, they had a coach (dewagne) and the reason you wouldn't be able to get the job.  
As far as your question, that depends on your style of recruiting.  I found Florida State to be a challenge, but if you are a good recruiter you will be fine anywhere you decide to coach.
9/14/2013 2:06 AM (edited)
The world is mostly empty at DIA, elites are now full... didnt notice if you had one before posting this. If you don't and haven't moved, look in areas of the country where coached teams are scarce or where there is a lot of talent for that level.

Unless you're looking for a challenge than you can go anywhere :)
9/14/2013 10:40 AM
I coach at Duke in Leahy world, there's always great local talent in the surrounding 360, yeah there's annual battles but that's anywhere you go.
9/14/2013 3:32 PM
Which D1-A school to pick? Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.