Recruting and Yellow Dots Topic

I'm going through some pretty competitive recruiting now and I was curious about something.

If I have a yellow dot, competing with another real player, and neither of us can turn him green, at the end of recruiting does the player just pick one of us?  Or do neither of us get the player?

9/12/2013 6:11 PM
After signing day you'll get a message from them saying they are leaning your way or they are better off someplace else, this indicates if you're ahead of the battle or behind and need to spend more money. If you're ahead just wait it out until either he sings with you are you get the dreaded I'm heading somewhere else message because the other owner spent more on him and is now ahead of you....he will sign with the winner of this battle, good luck.
9/12/2013 6:36 PM
Thanks for the info.
9/13/2013 7:00 AM
After signings start and there are two teams battling, will offering a scholarship make the difference?  I typically do not offer until the player turns green. In the rare situations when I have offered before green I cannot remember a player accepting on the pass immediately following the scholarship offer. Thoughts?
9/24/2013 3:20 PM
Offering a scholarship is not applied as "effort" in the recruiting process so it will have no affect on his decision.
9/24/2013 3:37 PM
If you have a guy that is YELLOW, and you want him...definitely offer the scholarship.  He does not have to be GREEN to sign....but you have no idea if you are ahead or behind the other teams unless you offer that scholarship.
9/24/2013 6:07 PM
Posted by harriswb3 on 9/24/2013 6:07:00 PM (view original):
If you have a guy that is YELLOW, and you want him...definitely offer the scholarship.  He does not have to be GREEN to sign....but you have no idea if you are ahead or behind the other teams unless you offer that scholarship.
He actually DOES need to be green, it just doesn't matter how long.  

Once signings start, recruiting actions are processed, then a determination of the 'effort gap' between schools on the same recruit is made.  If this gap is large enough and the leading team has offered a scholarship, the player will briefly turn green (a couple of seconds), and then sign.  You can see this happen by repeatedly refreshing your recruiting page around the time the cycle is rum.

9/25/2013 9:17 AM
If the two of you are both yellow and if you have both offered scholarship and have both had at least one face to face visit(assist or head coach:scouting trip or home visit;which you probably have by this point), then the AI sometimes will choose one of you to get this guy. And Sometimes Nobody gets him. Which is why it pays to get the bubble green if you can.
9/25/2013 1:31 PM
Recruting and Yellow Dots Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.