The HATE Theme....full Topic

Here is the idea....choose a NHL player you REALLY hate....I don't care the reason (dirty, he injured your favorite player, he always scored against your team, over-rated.......whatever)   Note: putting in your reason while not mandatory...is part of the fun

BUT here's the kicker...since you hate him..he will NOT be on your roster but will be on the roster of the other 23 teams in the theme...

So be careful who you nominate....remember, everybody will have him but you... You want to nominate Gretz...go for it but that means everyone will have him... but you DON'T.

Between 24 owners we will nominate 14 Forwards 8 D Men  3 Goalies*  

*Now I will nominate 1 Skater and 1 Goalie but the goalie I nominate will only be on the teams that nominate goalies. Since they can't have the one they nominate, there has to be a 2nd one for them. The other 22 owners (including me) will have to use the 2 goalies nominated by others.

Salary cap is 50 mill. I do want to give some flexibility so owners have a few ways to go....but can't have the 'best' seasons of all the players they have. 

others:  ML = No   Relaxed Rosters   Playoff Int  = NO    Max out = 3  WW = NO   Trades = NO     No Shoot Outs - Ties allowed   

Of course no clones, because you have to use ALL the 23 players others hate.

Added rule:  All 23 players you have on your roster must have at least 20 GP by the end of our 82 game season.  This is for both skaters and goalies.  No minimum # of minutes played or shifts (PP/SH/Even strength etc) or goalie decisions (W/L).  So long as that by the end our 82 game season, the system has credited all your players with at least 20 GPs....     If you don't achieve this, you will NOT qualify for the post season!

The 23 players you have to use......you can use ANY season they have in the database...  BUT remember the minimum 20 GP rule when picking your version of a player. Versions with a low GP% have a good chance of being injured for a long time and this could prevent you from getting them into 20 games!!  Injury is not an acceptable excuse for NOT meeting the 20 GP rule. So.....be aware..... 

10/2/2013 7:38 AM (edited)
The Players

F  Claude Lemieux  (aginor)  * Will not be used by vegcity and cubbies84
F  Sidney Crosby (gt02)
F  Al Secord (evil_twin)
F  Chris Neil (chuckinrlp)
F  Henri Richard (jmerch)
F  Todd Bertuzzi (donaldjl)
F  Mark Messier (poddy)
F  Dale Hunter  (ltjrrich)
F  Matt Cooke (whalers10)
F  Brad Marchand (taybaijor)
F  Sean Avery (swal13)
F  Darcy Tucker (sholdigger)
F  Rob Ray (crippled)
F  Derek Sanderson (quinet)

D  Ulf Samuelsson (SAK)
D  Francois Leroux (kiteport)
D  Ken Daneyko (coolmoris00)
D  Jamie Macoun (robroy)
D  Marc Andre Bergeron (thescamdog)
D  Bryan Marchment  (y2jdilemma)
D  Chris Chelios  (steev)
D  Chris Pronger (auxesis)

G  Patrick Roy (vegcity)
G  Martin Brodeur (cubbies84)

G  Billy Smith  (aginor)  * For veg city and cubbies84 only

Mail List
gt02; evil_twin; chuckinrlp; jmerch; donaldjl; poddy; ltjrrich; whalers10; taybaijor; swal13; sholdigger; crippled; SAKABAKBRG; kiteport; coolmoris00; robroy; thescamdog; vegcity; cubbies84; steev; y2jdilemma; quinet;  auxesis

10/23/2013 9:02 AM (edited)
To start ...Mine:

Forward:
Claude Lemieux...most likely one of the dirtiest players to play in the modern era.  Especially during the post season, where the refs let a lot of crap go

The extra Goalie
Billy Smith......in my opinion one of the most over-rated goalies.  One or two really good years, and one great playoff run, other than that.... really only a slightly better than average goalie.  Also famous (or infamous) for his temper and use of his stick...

9/14/2013 10:27 AM (edited)
Sidney Crosby
9/13/2013 10:55 PM
D Ulf Samuelsson. Do you really need to ask why? Isn't it obvious?
9/13/2013 10:56 PM
As a Minnesotan, there are two possible answers here...I'll go the old school route.

Al Secord

If you find a few quiet seconds inside the Ikea which now stands on the old Met Center site, you can probably still hear the "Secord Sucks" chants that filled the arena whenever he was on the ice.

9/13/2013 11:53 PM
Posted by SAKABAKBRG on 9/13/2013 10:56:00 PM (view original):
D Ulf Samuelsson. Do you really need to ask why? Isn't it obvious?
Where do you think "he injured your favorite player..." came from.  I think Samuelsson is hated pretty much on a universal level....
9/14/2013 10:25 AM
Ohhhh, this is a toughie! Being a Pens fan, there are many to choose from over the years. Adam Graves is a close 2nd, but I'll stick to today's skaters and go with

Chris Neil of the Sens. Geez, I can't stand that guy! Cheap shot artist and antagonist extraordinaire!
9/14/2013 11:10 AM
I'm in, with the most over-rated goalie of all-time, Patty Roy.  Always played on teams with awesome defence, and was the first goalie to cheat by using over-sized equipment.  His style was simple, 'I fall down and the puck hits me', easy to do when your jersey is twice the size of your opponents.

Still ****** that he won the Conne Smythe over Joe Sakic.  He had a fitting end to his career, single-handedly losing in the opening round to a much inferior Minnesota squad.  He was Marc-Andre Fleury with a solid defense in front of him.
9/14/2013 11:23 AM
henri richard
9/14/2013 11:33 AM

Yep chuck..... Neil is a good choice and veg... my favorite Roy moment:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1lTkNE1z8ss

9/14/2013 2:19 PM
D Francois Leroux

This useless excuse for a hockey player prematurely ended the brilliant career of one of my favourite people and players in NHL, Pat LaFontaine.

How any sport allows schmucks like Leroux or Suh to play on the same field as quality players such as LaFontaine and run these great players out of the game still and always will amaze me.

9/14/2013 9:39 PM
donaldjl
To:
aginor
Received:
9/15/2013 12:06:00 PM
Subject:
The HATE Theme.

I tried to sign up in the forum, but can't for some reason.

Anyway, my choice is Todd Bertuzzi due to one particular on ice incident in particular.

Thanks,

Don
9/15/2013 12:36 PM
Now I got it.... Clicked the compatibility view button in the address bar and voila, I got a cursor.
9/15/2013 3:51 PM
Marty Mcsorley, his bio speaks for itself. His final cheap shot ended his nhl career it was a glorious day when he was gone.
9/15/2013 6:58 PM
12345 Next ▸
The HATE Theme....full Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.