ODL - Team Rosters & Commentary Topic

I think the sim has passed you by Ashley
9/26/2013 1:03 AM
Posted by 98average on 9/26/2013 1:03:00 AM (view original):
I think the sim has passed you by Ashley
I think you have passed me by, Ashley

fixed that for ya
9/27/2013 2:42 PM
3 - steelers Dennis Rodman, Wes Unseld, Stephen Curry, Blake Griffin, Bobby Phils, Carlos Rogers, J.R. Smith
17 - cmcafeeky Magic Johnson, Jerry Lucas, Hakeem Olajuwon, Larry Nance, James Harden, S. Battier, Kurt Thomas
14 - smokey John Stockton, Bob Lanier, Alvin Robertson, Alex English, Gus Johnson, Nate McMillan, G. T. Johnson
15 - 98average Artis Gilmore, Terry Porter, Bobby Jones, Sidney Moncrief, Andrew Bogut, Emeka Okafor, S. Marbury
19 - thisredbox Dwayne Wade, Anfernee Hardaway, Gerald Wallace, Serge Ibaka, Tree Rollins, A. Dantley, J. Moore
13 - dh555 Charles Barkley, Tyson Chandler, Brent Barry, Zelmo Beaty, Jerry West, Jameer Nelson, Michael Ruffin
well it will be a tough division. cant wait to prove cmcafeeky wrong.
9/27/2013 6:58 PM
100% DynaMo' Humm

Using this formula my top 8 players @ uptempo look like this wrt allowed possessons:

[{FGA + (.44xFTA) + TO's} x 1.12** / tmins] x (tmins/82) = allowed player possessions per game (âpp/g)

Player                âpp/m          âpp/g         team use        RL use
Lanier                 0.70           23.8            18.4               24.0
English              0.88           31.7             24.5               28.9 
Robertson         0.58           20.3            15.7                20.9
Stockton             0.47          16.4             12.7               18.9
G. Johnson        0.61           18.9            14.6               20.0
McMillan             0.32             7.4               5.7               12.4
GT Johnson      0.39             7.9               6.1                13.2
Clark                   0.50             2.8               2.2                 20.7

The combined allowed player possessions per game @ uptempo (câpp) = 129.2 câpp
1.12** represents the 10% uptempo bonus + the 2% mins bonus. 
team use - is wrt âpp/g.     

9/30/2013 1:01 AM (edited)
Posted by scudmissle on 9/21/2013 12:40:00 AM (view original):
steeler's team - with 2 you get eggroll

lot's of rice and veggies (dinner fillers) rodman and unseld, and a delicious appetizer, curry (no, not indian food, but a chinese eggroll)... still waiting for the main course

doesn't look too scary on paper, steelers, which translates into, a dynamo in the actual league. congrats on landing rodman. i still think he, lebron and moses are the top 3 in the odl. jordan and wilt are "musts", but the worm is easier to build around. that super lebron season is a pain in the open leagues to build with, but with the added 5 mil in the odl, ya gotta take him no. 1

i was a little dumbfounded by the unseld pick, another low usage-high board man. he dishes a bit, but lacks solid def. curry is a great value for the money. almost enough three's to go at it single-handedly. he and unseld, and even a little from the worm, provide a good start with dimes. seems you put together the boards, asts and three's with the first 3 picks, and ya saved some money in the process for the upcoming rounds. wise thing. good luck.
bumped for reference
10/4/2013 8:58 PM
sorry dude, that's the odl... different animal altogether than the ddl where there is unlimited cap space and a thin pool of talent at the top. still, in the odl, i understand an owner's love affair with the worm, but he's not the kind of player i select if i have picks 1-3... give me a kitchen sink type: lebron, wilt, jordan or kareem. thanks for the post (a once dead issue).

oh, btw, you are referencing an evaluation where i usually just point out a team's positives, and landing rodman, no matter what draft slot, is definately a positive.
10/4/2013 9:31 PM
◂ Prev 1...6|7|8
ODL - Team Rosters & Commentary Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.