Depth Chart help Topic

Always swore I'd never be "that guy" but after 150 seasons in HD this roster has me shaking my head.  It's a veteran group with a lot of talent...but no real slam dunk to play the SF position.  I have several guards and a post player that could survive there, but because of the # and quality of our guards I'm pretty sure I'll end up putting one of them there even at the expense of rebounding.  

Just curious to see how other coaches might utilize the guys on this roster.  Thanks!

www.whatifsports.com/hd/TeamProfile/Ratings.aspx

9/16/2013 12:15 AM
I'd go with Navarette or Hayes. They're the best of your bad rebounders, and both have significant positives in a couple other categories that might ameliorate the weak rebounding.
9/16/2013 3:18 AM
Definitely depends on your coaching style but I also like Hayes in that spot. Looks like its going to be a good season given you are Ranked # 1. I would likely change it up based on competition.
9/18/2013 10:23 PM
PG WALKER SWEENEY BLANK BARNES
SG BARNES HAYES BLANK NAVARETTE
SF TERRY HAYES NAVARETTE BECK
PF PERRON BLANK AMBROSINO MALM
C CADIZ AMBROSINO DAVIES BLANK

I'd run Cadiz and Perron at Getting Tired, the others at Fairly Fresh. Speed up front might help compensate for lack of rebounding by generating turnovers. At home I'd run a lot of up-tempo, even with the lack of depth at the big - maybe ease off it with the situation settings if guys start getting too tired. I'd like some of those guards for my Michigan State team if that's ok...
9/19/2013 11:33 AM
dacj, can we orchestrate a trade?  Clifford for........your pick?
9/19/2013 1:15 PM
Your team is ridiculous. Do I really have to take a trip to Misenheimer this year? 

You have such an embarrassment of riches at guard, and any number of them could defend and score at the SF position. None of them can rebound, so I'd probably just let my bigs try to cover that themselves and focus on offense/defense at SF. Hayes and Terry would be my first choices (assuming Walker is starting at PG). 
9/19/2013 1:32 PM
Depth Chart help Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.