What it takes to get to d-1 Topic

Hey i just finished my first season of GD, went 7-7 with trinity tx but made conference final (loss to #1 Whitter), i apply to 2 d2 schools (west texas a&m, and texas a&m kingsville) and was hired by texas a&m kingsville. To me it seemed kind of easy to move up saying as though i had little success in d3. The plan is to get to rice in d-1 how much success is going to be needed at d2
9/16/2013 6:33 PM
In order to move up from where you are at, you'll need ~45 wins total, and they need to come from winning seasons mostly. Making the playoffs will obviously help. Getting hired at D2 is very easy, but it gets harder as you go along. 

Once you reach D1AA (in about 4-5 seasons if you do well, probably closer to 7-10) you'll need ~80 wins minimum to move up to D1. The fastest I've ever seen anyone reach D1 was about 7 seasons total, from when they began in D3. Luckily for you, Rice isn't hard to get to, so you won't need a crazy strong resume for them.
9/16/2013 9:23 PM
Caesari I didn't know you were still around good to see you! I thought all that steroid use may have caught up with you
9/20/2013 2:38 AM
Or the easiest way to move up is I will sell you my account and you can have the National Championship team in Camp D1, Florida!    
9/21/2013 8:23 PM
haha thanks dustin_lema but i want to try and build my way up, and its about time rice won a national championship
9/23/2013 4:00 PM
I made it in 6 seasons in Yost and another guy made it in 5. http://www.whatifsports.com/gd/CoachProfile/Default.aspx?uid=564885&wid=11
9/23/2013 8:02 PM
ya wow you had alot of success, dont think my d2 team is winning any national championship this year, got a soild class of freshmen coming in looking for next year or year after
9/24/2013 6:54 PM
What it takes to get to d-1 Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.