Returned after 6 year... Topic

Any tips on how to build a team? Back when I played, you needed strong defense, 1 main goal scoring line and an average goalie. Many times I used the rookies I got especially the goalie..

Any tips would be appreciated.
9/18/2013 2:32 PM
Well, I see the leagues take a long time ti fill now. Is the userbase way down?
9/19/2013 11:04 AM
Hi daryls61! Welcome back!
There have been several updates since you left. Some users today have at least 3 lines, most with 4, consisting of 1 goal scorer, one good defender, and one player with decent assists. Some owners will use a defenseman or 2 with assists as assists do matter now since the last update, but most just go with high rated d men. Goalies are a crapshoot, with some owners still using the Vezina with low save % but low cost as well, but most players I've found spend $3-5 million on their tenders.
And yes, the leagues are taking a long time to fill as most hockey users got tired of waiting for a hockey dynasty. I honestly think they will be back if a hockey dynasty is ever developed, but I don't see Fox spending the manpower $$$ in developing it, as they tend to concentrate on baseball with some football thrown in.
9/19/2013 11:22 AM
concentrate on baseball?  the last time they had an HBD update was ,,, heck I dont even remember when, it could be 2 years ago now.  FOX isnt spending one dime on WIS.  Heck there are 238 openings in HBD right now!  By far the largest amount of openings I have ever seen.
9/20/2013 6:09 PM
Posted by greeny9 on 9/20/2013 6:09:00 PM (view original):
concentrate on baseball?  the last time they had an HBD update was ,,, heck I dont even remember when, it could be 2 years ago now.  FOX isnt spending one dime on WIS.  Heck there are 238 openings in HBD right now!  By far the largest amount of openings I have ever seen.
Well said, greeny... Will assume daryls61 has 2 hands,
& can handle a hockey team (or 2) while also indulging
in echo-chamber bat-caves, down the hall in HBD...

Welcome back daryl... Aspen says 'hi' !!!... Good 2 C U...
9/20/2013 6:30 PM
Posted by chuckinrlp on 9/19/2013 11:22:00 AM (view original):
Hi daryls61! Welcome back!
There have been several updates since you left. Some users today have at least 3 lines, most with 4, consisting of 1 goal scorer, one good defender, and one player with decent assists. Some owners will use a defenseman or 2 with assists as assists do matter now since the last update, but most just go with high rated d men. Goalies are a crapshoot, with some owners still using the Vezina with low save % but low cost as well, but most players I've found spend $3-5 million on their tenders.
And yes, the leagues are taking a long time to fill as most hockey users got tired of waiting for a hockey dynasty. I honestly think they will be back if a hockey dynasty is ever developed, but I don't see Fox spending the manpower $$$ in developing it, as they tend to concentrate on baseball with some football thrown in.
Thought eye would contribute another thought... Chuck makes a
great point here... Always has, always will... 

True, that most WiS development dollars R spent on baseball, 2
accommodate a larger user base... The hockey usernames here
& their passionate loyalty basically see nothing new, except when
an NHL season ends, & new skaters are added 2 the database...

Baseball here @ WiS, constantly has new features added 2 it, like
16-team leagues, & 30-team leagues... WiS is even purchasing a
few commercial ads (on the east coast) that try to sell HBD...

It's the licensing of MLB, NFL, NBA, & NHL names for use here @
this website... The possibility always looms that these future 'fees'
4 rights to names like WGretzky, could put WiS in a position where
they MUST create a Hockey Dynasty game... Where MLemieux has
a new rating, -& a new Scandanavian-Filipino-Antarctic fish name...

Ya' know ???...

Point is, daryls61, that we need U here @ WiS-NHL Central, 2 help
all of us loyal usernames help WiS pay any future demands from a
real hockey league, like the NHL...

Welcome aboard, again, daryl... !!!...
9/20/2013 7:39 PM
Returned after 6 year... Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.