Rescinding Scholarships Topic

I've used the "knowledge base" to learn that rescinding scholarships (up to 3 per year) is allowed. However, I have done all the roster management I know how to do and still have not uncovered the function that allows me to rescind a scholarship. Is it an issue of timing it right during the offseason or do I need a roadmap? If the answer is timing - please let me know when during the offseason rescinding occurs. If I need directions ... please provide them.

Thank you very much to anyone who is willing to help me figure this out!!
9/19/2013 2:44 PM
You can rescind scholarships on the intro screen after the conclusion of the season before it rolls over.  It will say 'rescind scholarship' much like the period of time where you can 'redshirt' a player.  However, you will take a hit in your reputation which is minor cutting a "SimAi" recruited player.  If you cut a player you recruited it will be much more.
9/19/2013 3:38 PM
I promise I'm not being intentionally dimwitted, I just come by it naturally. So, I seriously can't find what you refer to as the "intro screen" where I can accomplish the task of rescinding scholarships ... In two full seasons I've been unable to redshirt for this reason as well. Would you mind elaborating on where this screen is ...
9/19/2013 3:59 PM
It's just the main office screen. When you first open GD and it shows you the screen w/ your last game, next game, roster, etc...
9/19/2013 4:27 PM
I see now. Thank you both for the guidance clememp and mb625
9/19/2013 5:26 PM
jtmoore, keep in mind that for redshirting, you have do it before the player plays in any game.  Its not unusual for even #9 OL to get in for 1 play in a game and therefore eliminate your ability to put a RS on him.  You need to do it before the first game of the season in order to be assured.
9/19/2013 9:22 PM
Including exhibition games?
9/19/2013 10:42 PM
No, non-conf and conf games.
9/20/2013 7:30 AM
Rescinding Scholarships Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.