1970 AARON, WILLIAMS, PERRY (filled) Topic

The San Francisco Giants franchise is available in the 1970 Post War League.  We are getting ready to draft for our 25th season.  We are a 20-team, 4 division league, the Giants are in the National League West Division, they are currently 1 game over .500, we determine our draft order at the end of the regular season....The Giants are set for a good year in 1970, Hank Aaron, Billy Williams and Jim Perry won the AL Cy Young Award....Here is their roster:

Pos. SAN FRANCISCO GIANTS
C Brand, Ron
C May, Jerry
C Rodriguez, Ellie
1B Cater, Danny
1B Hopkins, Gail
2B Johnson, Davey
3B Nettles, Graig
SS Brinkman, Ed
SS Kessinger, Don
OF Aaron, Hank
OF Hershberger, Mike
OF Lahoud, Joe
OF Savage, Ted
OF Stahl, Larry
OF Tolan, Bobby
OF Williams, Billy

P Brandon, Bucky (IR)
P Coleman, Joe
P Coombs, Danny
P Culp, Ray
P Hall, Tom
P Johnson, Jerry
P Lee, Bill
P Maloney, Jim
P Morehead, Dave
P O'Donoghue, John
P Perry, Jim
P Shaw, Don (IR)
P Stone, George
P Wilson, Bill

There are 31 players on the Giants roster, the 25 on their major league roster plus 4 players from their AAA roster and another 2 that were IR for 1969.  One player, P Gerry Arrigo has retired, pitchers Brandon and Shaw will be on IR for the 1970 season.   You may cut as many players as you like, you must get below 25 to get into the rookie draft...after the rookie draft we have a 4 round AAA draft where you can add 4 more major league players to your roster.  We plan to expand to 24 teams in 1977, and get to 8 post season teams....The AL-only will be adopting the Designated Hitter rule in 1973.

If you are interested in taking over the Giants you can post here, any questions you can sitemail me......
9/21/2013 1:46 PM
I will take them...
9/21/2013 8:12 PM
Great I will give you access to the league thread
9/22/2013 8:32 AM
1970 AARON, WILLIAMS, PERRY (filled) Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.