Practice Time Question Topic

Hey all, got a newbie question here.  I have played my first two games of the season, but it doesn't seem like any of my players have progressed in their skills yet?  I see some other players in my conference have started progressing, but mine haven't?  I was wondering if there was a trick to it or if I'm doing something wrong?

I have 115 minutes distributed into Team Practice Plan for my formations, and the rest divided up in each positions recommended skills.  Do I have it out of balance?  Does progression come more from game time?  Or am I just crazy?  Thanks!
9/21/2013 3:12 PM
That's your problem.. take more out of your Team practice... put way more into individual practice. At lower levels it is more important. I don't know for sure what you should do so you will probably need more feedback but I would guess don't put more than 50-70 into team practice.
9/21/2013 4:44 PM
That is way too much on formation practice.

Also, the movements in the various attributes are in increments of whole numbers.  Behind the scenes it is in some decimal, but you won't see the changes until you get a whole number increase.  So sometimes it seems like nothing is happening, even though there is improvement being made.
9/21/2013 4:45 PM
Ahh ok that makes sense, I was wondering if I had too much in formation practice.  Appreciate the help!
9/21/2013 6:55 PM
This should help as a guide http://www.whatifsports.com/forums/Posts.aspx?TopicID=448247
9/22/2013 10:55 AM
In lower divisions, d3 and 2 , I usually put between 40 and 50 points into formation practice.  There are coaches that put Nothing into formation practice and are successful.
So I don't know how much formation practice matters.

9/22/2013 11:46 AM
Practice Time Question Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.