Need one for upcoming 30 day auction Topic

We are short one owner for the upcoming season of the Current Contract League. It's pretty unique.

The league uses current players so we're looking toward the 2013 season once WIS has published the ratings.

Each team has 1,000 to spend.

Whatever price a guy goes for in the auction becomes that player's salary.  Each season an owner can extend any player's contracts that he wants by giving them a raise.

Whoever is not extended or currently on contract (1-5 years) goes into the free agent pool for auction.

There is one team available. I'll list it below.  Each team has 1,000 of players from their last season's team.   The open team has no required resigns.

For each player not already resigned, you can keep them or grant them free agency into the pool.

For example, I have Adrian Beltre for 80 on my last season's team.

I now have to decide what to do with him.

I can grant him free agency and he'll go into the free agent/rookie auction.

I can extend him for one more season by giving him a 15 raise for 95
I can extend him for two more seasons by giving him two 12 raises for 92-104
I can extend him for three more seasons by giving him three 10 raises for 90-100-110
I can extend him for five seasons by giving him five 8 raises for 88-96-104-112-120

That's the basis of the league.

Please ask any questions.  The auction takes weeks and is the most fun of the league, but deciding who to resign and for how long is the most stressful part of the season.  The auction goes on every night for about 30 days. It's a blast.
10/1/2013 10:23 AM (edited)
I am interested in The Rangers ...
I'd like to know ...do you play one season each real year?
When does the draft and league start
are only WIS players eligible for the draft?
9/21/2013 3:33 PM
We play one season each real year - it starts around January.

Once the WIS ratings come out in October, each team has to make their resign decisions.

Once those decisions are made the auction starts in November

Only WIS eligible players are eligible for the draft, but you can keep resigning a non-WIS eligible player if you want to if you owned him from a previous draft and think he's coming back.
9/21/2013 3:43 PM
Ill take the Rangers

9/21/2013 8:09 PM
got it -- you should now be able to get into our private forum..
9/21/2013 8:53 PM
Still needed is the new owner of Team # 1.

They have no required contracts, so you can resign anyone on your roster or throw the whole lot back in and go into the auction with your entire 1,000 intact.
9/22/2013 11:11 PM
Here's how the auction works.

Starting in about three weeks, I'll put up about 20 2013 players each night for auction. You send me an e-mail with sealed bids on each player you want to bid on. Each night I post the results and it goes on for about a month until everyone's roster is full.

A pretty unique league in its second season.
10/6/2013 6:30 PM
Need one for upcoming 30 day auction Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.