The Arizona State president is worried that a group of wealthy investors, wanting a championship football team, will invest $150 million in a for-profit school and dominate football. Therefore, he won't play Grand Canyon.
That's rather hypocritical of him, considering he still plays Oregon in every sport.
Oregons new $68 million Football Performance Center, paid for by Phil Knight and Nike, features;
1) hand-woven rugs from Nepal;
2) couches made in Italy;
3) hardwood in the weight from from Brazil that is so dense that it's believed to be fire-resistant.
4) a barbershop with utensils from Milan
5) a duckpond
6) a locker room that can be accessed by biometric thumbprints
7) chairs upholstered with the same leather as a Ferrari interior
8) walls covered with Nike leather
9) garbage cans so opulent that the University refuses to release the price