Need one for upcoming 2013 auction Topic

We are short one owner for the upcoming season of the Current Contract League. It's pretty unique.

The league uses current players so we're looking toward the 2013 season once WIS has published the ratings.

Each team has 1,000 to spend.

Whatever price a guy goes for in the auction becomes that player's salary.  Each season an owner can extend any player's contracts that he wants by giving them a raise.

Whoever is not extended or currently on contract (1-5 years) goes into the free agent pool for auction.

There is one team available. I'll list it below.  It has 1,000 of players from their last season's team.  The team has no required resigns.

For each player not already resigned, you can keep them or grant them free agency into the pool.

For example, I have Adrian Beltre for 80 on my last season's team.

I now have to decide what to do with him.

I can grant him free agency and he'll go into the free agent/rookie auction.

I can extend him for one more season by giving him a 15 raise for 95
I can extend him for two more seasons by giving him two 12 raises for 92-104
I can extend him for three more seasons by giving him three 10 raises for 90-100-110
I can extend him for five seasons by giving him five 8 raises for 88-96-104-112-120

That's the basis of the league.

Please ask any questions.  The auction takes weeks and is the most fun of the league, but deciding who to resign and for how long is the most stressful part of the season.
9/21/2013 10:20 PM (edited)     

9/24/2013 1:12 AM
Do you sign Patrick Corbin for 33 for one year, or 30-42 for two years or 28-38-48 for thee years or 26-34-42-50-58 for five years. 

It's decision time for the owner of this team. We're in the two week resign window and this team is in search of an owner.
10/6/2013 1:16 AM
auction starting in about two weeks -- resign list due in one week. Need to get this slot filled.
10/13/2013 4:47 PM
This is a solid team, that can focus a lot of their money towards the auction.  And with Colon, Corbin and Medlen you have 3 of the top 43 salaried pitchers.   Cheap.  This team is built to win this year with the right owner.

Hell, I'd take Desmond, Longoria or Alvarez off you hands as well.  In fact, can I just have this team instead of mine?  Just kidding.
10/17/2013 11:38 AM (edited)
We need someone who is able to stay up nights because for about 30 days I will post the blind bid auction results just after midnight each night. Then you have all day the next day to bid on that day's players.  It's an interesting way to put together a team.
10/21/2013 12:17 AM
You wont need to *stay up nights* - you can send your bids in at noon the next day if it is more suitable for you
10/21/2013 5:15 PM
Need one for upcoming 2013 auction Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.