Base Stealing Aggressiveness - Individual basis? Topic

If you have it set under manager settings to be very aggressive....can you turn it off for individual (slow) players so that they never steal? Or is there just that one setting controlling everyone? Thanks!
9/25/2013 8:48 AM
One setting.
9/25/2013 8:51 AM
Here's my conundrum...(or maybe it's a simple solution for you wily veterans)....I have a VERY good hitting team...VERY good...HOWEVER, 75% of them are FAST for being such good hitters...however, 2 or 3 of them are SUPER SLOW...as in NEVER pull off a steal. And the 2 slowest are arguably my 2 BEST PUREST hitters. What would you do in this situation? My lead-off hitter has 99 speed, my # 2 hitter is in the 80's...my 3 hitter is 40, my 4 hitter is 53 and my 5 hitter is 20...But then I have another guy with 90 speed, another with 79, and 2 more in the 70's...What setting would you go with?
9/25/2013 8:59 AM
As a general rule, I need my TEAM success rate to be around 70% for SB.   Set it at aggressive and see how it works.   FWIW, those high speed guys won't be very successful without decent baserunning skills.   Speed+baserunning will determine your success rate(along with the C in your world).
9/25/2013 9:17 AM
MikeT23 - Thanks man, you've been awesome and really helpful. My last 3 seasons have been 71% success rate / 67% Success rate / 71% success rate. My team hasn't changed much since last season, so 71% you'd keep it at "very aggressive" like I have it, or would you put it at "aggressive?"

Thanks!
9/25/2013 1:22 PM
I like to adjust depending on opponent's catcher.

If I see a guy who is a masher, but poor defensively (like 50-60ish in AS & AA) I bump it to 5.  If they've got a defensive stud behind the plate I'll back off to 3.

A little more time consuming (not really a lot of time, but remembering to do it for every series can be a challenge), but just doing that alone would probably ensure you never dip below 70% again, and could very well get you over 75%.
9/25/2013 2:29 PM (edited)
As long as I stay over 70%, I wouldn't change it unless you feel like you're not scoring enough runs when compared to your hitting.    All CS aren't the same.   You'd have to read the PBP but, if your scoring is down, you might be running yourself out of innings. 
9/25/2013 2:30 PM
Base Stealing Aggressiveness - Individual basis? Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.