How many people find it useful to dedicate 20 mil toward Medical? And is your reasoning only, mostly, or partly because of the glitch adding ratings to players left on the 60 day DL? It seems that a lot is required to get a few more points out of a player:

-     taking the chance that the glitch isn't used
          -     no useful players get hurt
          -     or can't afford to DL a star for 60 days when he's healthy
-     20 mil of budget

Is it worth it just for a few more ratings points? I've never used this technique so I may not know entirely how it works...     
9/25/2013 2:11 PM
I use 20 mil in medical, not for the glitch, but because I don't want to see a player being lost for a significant amount of time, and thinking "what if my medical # was higher?"  I'm not sure if I'm smart for doing that, but I won't go less than that.  I'm comfortable losing because other teams were better, I'm not comfortable with losing because I didn't spend enough money to keep my team healthy.
9/25/2013 2:22 PM
I use 20m for both reasons.    The extra recovery is nice when it happens but I also don't want to lose a prospect to a major injury, that he never recovers from, in order to save 8m in medical.   Or have a guy get a shin splint, miss 38 days and the playoffs when I could have had him back in 12 days. 

Hardball Dynasty – Fantasy Baseball Sim Games - Player Profile: Dernell Long is a good example of a guy that suddenly has a career due to the elevated injury recovery.   When I traded for him, I knew he wouldn't make it as a CF.    So I was going to have a GG-caliber LF who hits well for a CF but not so much for a LF.  I told tec "Maybe he'll have a couple of injuries and get his range up."    He did.    Now he's a CF and infinitely more valuable to me.
9/25/2013 2:36 PM
I think a person is flat missing out if they do not put 20 in med and 20 in training.  Glitch or not I don't see any reason you would do less.
9/25/2013 2:52 PM
In my case, I have a few "core" players on my roster with less-than-optimal health; if they get injured I want to do everything I can to ensure they return strong.  Also as Mike says, I have prospects who I can't afford to bust on so I'm backing them up too.

9/25/2013 4:34 PM
Posted by burnsy483 on 9/25/2013 2:23:00 PM (view original):
I use 20 mil in medical, not for the glitch, but because I don't want to see a player being lost for a significant amount of time, and thinking "what if my medical # was higher?"  I'm not sure if I'm smart for doing that, but I won't go less than that.  I'm comfortable losing because other teams were better, I'm not comfortable with losing because I didn't spend enough money to keep my team healthy.
same
9/27/2013 2:43 PM

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.