Recruiting against a SIM Topic

I don't often take on SIMs but they had the guy I needed. I threw the usual 3 CVs at them an knocked off all but one. After sending another CV I then realized that these were DII SIMs and I am a DIII team. The last SIM isn't budging so I was wondering if its even possible to knock off a higher division SIM when it comes to recruiting? Any thoughts before I waste more money?
9/25/2013 6:34 PM
I am pretty sure you can. I play HD, my first year playing GD, but in the GD product you can knock off programs from a divison up. Say for instance  transfers in HD, I glanced at some of the signings at the D1AA level in yost recruiting right now. No way some of those top guys did not have D-1 sims on them.
9/25/2013 6:38 PM
I have never tried that...so not sure.  Theoretically, if you spend enough money you should be able to knock him off.
9/25/2013 6:50 PM
I don't know, since I only try knocking off SIMs from my own division, but you knocked 2 off, so it seems doable...
9/25/2013 8:29 PM
If the recruit is in your vision then you can knock off SIMs from an upper division....just ain't so easy to do it!
9/26/2013 2:23 PM
A better strategy would be to get another guy green and then wait for the dII teams to offer (or not offer) the guy. Sometimes they dont and youll be left holding the bag at the end
9/26/2013 9:42 PM
Yes, a D3 human-coached team can knock D2 SIMs off a recruit.  However, it's really expensive, and you need to knock the SIM off as early as possible, since it's effort budget is that of a D2 school, while you only have D3 money.
9/27/2013 8:37 AM
Posted by majique on 9/26/2013 2:23:00 PM (view original):
If the recruit is in your vision then you can knock off SIMs from an upper division....just ain't so easy to do it!
+1
The important thing is that the recruit is in your vision.
9/27/2013 10:42 AM
Recruiting against a SIM Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.