SP- 2 spots,best blog in HBD,win $20 WIS Gift Card Topic

Satchel Paige is currently in the LDS. We will have two openings for Season 22. Why join SP? Let me count the reasons...

1- Blog. Check it out. It was on hiatus this season because I broke my hand, but it'll have its Grand Re-Opening next season and it adds to the immersion and enjoyment of the league... http://paigeleague.blogspot.com/

2- Every season we give out a $20 WIS Gift Card. All you need to do is reserve your team for the next season before the All Star Break and I  hold a random drawing and announce the winner during the World Series! Check out the blog for details...

3- Stability- For the last five seasons, SP has had 2 or fewer openings and filled and rolled in less than 24 hours! This season should be no different.

4- Good core of owners. Alot of league say this, but I've got numbers to prove it. Out of the 28 returning owners, 25 have been in the league for at least 5 seasons, and 17 have been in SP for at least 10 seasons. Why? Its fun! We have very low turnover due to the balance and fun atmosphere in the league.

Here are the openings...

Salem... Was a playoff team this season. It will have the #24 pick in the draft. In solid financial shape with only $41.3M on the books for next season. The farm system is in solid shape with a couple of quality ML prospects. Also has one of the best pitchers in the league in Victor Delgado.

Anaheim
... This is a team that a new owner could really do anything he wanted with. It will have either the #14, #15 or #16 pick next season (I didn't figure out the tie breakers) so it'll be a protected pick. The team will only have $38.2M on the books. The ML team has a number of quality players to either build around or trade for a rebuild, including Cristobal Roque and Alex Chen. There is also some talent down on the farm.

Both teams are in solid spots and will give their new owner plenty of options.

In you're interested, please SM me.
10/4/2013 11:22 AM (edited)
We're just starting our WS. Only one team left. SM me to grab the Salem franchise and lead future HoFer Victor Delgado to a championship before he hangs up his cleats.
10/4/2013 11:23 AM
SP- 2 spots,best blog in HBD,win $20 WIS Gift Card Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.