Since it's now been proven that Al Davis wasn't completely crazy for blasting Kiffin, who's next for the Trojans?

I think it's Kevin Sumlin or James Franklin.      Relatively young, successful coaches at colleges far below the level of USC in terms of resources.
9/30/2013 6:38 PM
THEY SHOULD PETE CARROLL COACH TROJANS ON SATURDAYS, SEAHAWKS ON SUNDAYS

HE'S THAT GOOD!
9/30/2013 6:57 PM
Jack Del Rio or Steve Sarkisian
9/30/2013 7:02 PM
USC is probably the second best job in the country behind Texas in terms of recruiting.

I don't think Sumlin leaves. Texas A&M will pay him comparable to anyone else and they're the hot ticket for recruits.

I'll say Chris Peterson finally leaves Boise St to take the job.
9/30/2013 8:50 PM
Sumlin might be the next Chizik.  Player comes out of nowhere, carries his team and, as soon as said player leaves, program slides.     And who wouldn't want sunny Cal over bumfuck Texas?
9/30/2013 9:06 PM
Possible, but Sumlin actually had some success before he got to Texas A&M. Chizik sucked at Iowa St.
9/30/2013 9:36 PM
He sucked at Auburn after Malzhan and Newton left.    That's why I think Sumlin may see some of the same problems.    In the SEC, you aren't allowed down years and, if you're successful, your assistants will get better offers.   Assistants are essential in the recruiting process.   Does TAMU have the funds to keep the assistants?   They leave, star player leaves and talent level decreases.    USC, regardless of down times, is always a recruit draw. 

And I won't even compare Vanderbilt to USC because I know that's silly.    That's why I think the two SEC coaches finding unexpected success might be good candidates.    Expectations will be higher for both of them at their respective schools.
10/1/2013 9:11 AM
I don't know if he would leave Northwestern but I think I'd probably give Fitzgerald a call if I'm Haden.
10/1/2013 11:15 AM
There are only a handful of coaches who shouldn't consider a move to USC if the call comes.    Coaches at their alma mater, older coaches and coaches who have no desire to move to a bigger pond. 
10/1/2013 12:00 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 10/1/2013 12:00:00 PM (view original):
There are only a handful of coaches who shouldn't consider a move to USC if the call comes.    Coaches at their alma mater, older coaches and coaches who have no desire to move to a bigger pond. 
Well Fitzgerald is at his alma mater.  That was the point I was making.
10/1/2013 3:03 PM
Yeah but that seems crazy.   "No, I'm OK here at Northwestern.  I'll pass on USC."
10/1/2013 4:16 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 10/1/2013 4:16:00 PM (view original):
Yeah but that seems crazy.   "No, I'm OK here at Northwestern.  I'll pass on USC."
It does, but he loves Northwestern and they unexpectedly promoted him to head coach when Randy Walker died.  There is a lot of love, respect, etc. there between Fitzgerald and the school.  I really have no idea if he would leave, but USC is certainly a job he would have to consider and might just leave for.
10/2/2013 8:39 AM
I doubt Mark Richt is a candidate but, if asked, he should go.   Georgia fans call for his firing every time they lose a game.    They deserve what Tennessee got for firing Phil Fulmer. 

Greg Schiano will probably be looking for a job after the season.   And it certainly looks like Chip Kelly is a college coach(although I'm not sure he's eligible to coach college right now). 
10/2/2013 9:00 AM
Posted by moranis on 10/2/2013 8:39:00 AM (view original):
Posted by MikeT23 on 10/1/2013 4:16:00 PM (view original):
It does, but he loves Northwestern and they unexpectedly promoted him to head coach when Randy Walker died.  There is a lot of love, respect, etc. there between Fitzgerald and the school.  I really have no idea if he would leave, but USC is certainly a job he would have to consider and might just leave for.
USC did beat Northwestern in the 1996? Rose Bowl...a team that Pat Fitzgerald played/was captain on...so that might be a damper too.
10/2/2013 10:58 PM
Maybe one of the pardoned Enron execs.  Should be someone with experience in management for a large criminal enterprise.
10/2/2013 11:00 PM
123 Next ▸

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.