MLB.tv Topic

Do these idiots realize tonight is not a postseason game?
9/30/2013 10:46 PM
Technically, it's not.

In reality, it is.
9/30/2013 11:14 PM
That's why when you read the box score Evan Longoria hit his 32nd homerun & 39th double of the season.  He is so f*ing clutch!!
10/1/2013 1:50 AM
Longoria is a beast. The kind of player anybody would want on their team. Congrats to the Rays!
10/1/2013 7:47 AM
He's a good power hitting and fielding 3B, but he fans WAY too often (162 this year) & doesn't walk much.   I'm not impressed with his RBI, BA, or OBP totals overall.   He's not on pace to be a Hall of Famer, but does provide a positive impact on a team with no real "name" position players.   If I were a school teacher, I'd give him a solid B on the report card.  Not a "A" student hot cornerman
10/11/2013 1:00 PM
Two gold gloves, and his 127 OPS+ his rookie season was the worst of his career.  There's no way that's not an A.  Adrian Beltre career OPS+, 114.

If we accept that realistically Miggy is more of a 1st baseman than a 3rd baseman, the only 3B I'd take over Longoria is David Wright, and even that is very, very close.

On top of everything else, Longoria is only 28.  Wright and Cabrera are 30, Beltre is 34.

10/11/2013 3:38 PM
MLB.tv Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.