Who would do a better job of running the USA? Topic

It's closing in on time for me to depart for the day, prosecutor.  If one has a favorite team, wouldn't they follow them before the Supers?   Do you have a point?

I touted Boise State in football for years.   Am I from Idaho?

10/24/2013 6:28 PM
I was just curious.
10/24/2013 9:19 PM
Well, I know where you were going, I said I watched the CWS when it reached the Supers.   South Carolina had a nice run so I'm familiar with a couple of the players.   Bradley Jr played for the Sux this year(started hot, Remy was giving him knobjobs after 2 games and finished in AAA).   I'll give you a great tie-in so you can link some **** together. 

Robert Refsnyder, U of Az, tore thru the CWS a couple of years ago.   Ripped SC a new one in the finals.    He's Korean but was adopted by a California couple(your parents, maybe?).  Anyway, it seems that some SC fans were dropping racial insults on him during the last game.   He responded with something like "I guess people from SC aren't used to seeing Koreans play ball.  They seem racist."   He was drafted by the Yankees, my MLB team, and sent to......wait for it....wait for it.....Charleston!!!!!!

FWIW, there are 3, sometimes 4, conferences that matter in college baseball.  SEC, PAC12 and BIG12.    The ACC does something sometimes. 
10/25/2013 8:42 AM
So . . . you live in Korea?

Does Korea have a trucking association?
10/25/2013 8:49 AM
No but me, Rodman and Kim Jong-un have hung out a few times.

I don't think they allow organizations in Korea.
10/25/2013 8:55 AM
Posted by MikeT23 on 10/25/2013 8:42:00 AM (view original):
Well, I know where you were going, I said I watched the CWS when it reached the Supers.   South Carolina had a nice run so I'm familiar with a couple of the players.   Bradley Jr played for the Sux this year(started hot, Remy was giving him knobjobs after 2 games and finished in AAA).   I'll give you a great tie-in so you can link some **** together. 

Robert Refsnyder, U of Az, tore thru the CWS a couple of years ago.   Ripped SC a new one in the finals.    He's Korean but was adopted by a California couple(your parents, maybe?).  Anyway, it seems that some SC fans were dropping racial insults on him during the last game.   He responded with something like "I guess people from SC aren't used to seeing Koreans play ball.  They seem racist."   He was drafted by the Yankees, my MLB team, and sent to......wait for it....wait for it.....Charleston!!!!!!

FWIW, there are 3, sometimes 4, conferences that matter in college baseball.  SEC, PAC12 and BIG12.    The ACC does something sometimes. 
You would know better than me. I don't follow college baseball at all.
10/25/2013 11:24 AM
Seems like an odd question considering the direction of the thread if you didn't have a point. 

Also, a CWS hero pitched for your team this past season.   Do you know who it is?
10/25/2013 12:28 PM
I do not. Was it a recent CWS? We didn't have a lot of young guys. I don't think Withrow or Magill went to college. Maybe Fife???
10/25/2013 2:42 PM

Roth.   Three things were notable about him.   1.  His dad got fired because he was refused time off to go to CWS and went anyway.   2.  Roth started two deciding CWS games in consecutive seasons(can't remember if he was the first).   3.  He was a soft-throwing lefty so I wondered, despite being a really good college pitcher, if he'd ever make the bigs.    ESPN interviewed him when he got the call-up.

http://www.baseball-reference.com/players/r/rothmi01.shtml

1 and 2 were big deals in the CWS.    Not sure 3 was a big deal to anyone but ESPN(obviously touting the CWS as they have network rights).

10/25/2013 3:15 PM
Is that enough CWS/SC baseball to convince you I'd never heard of Tim Scott until a couple of days ago?

Or do I need to talk about Adam Plutko from UCLA last season?    Or that Matt Harvey pitched for UNC a few years back?   Or that Stonybrook had a nice run in 2012?   That's actually one of the interesting things about college baseball/basketball(and why I start watching both sports during the tournaments).    A player or two can carry a low level team pretty far in the college tournaments.    Stonybrook never beats a LSU in football but they can in baseball. 

If you recall the college baseball of old, 17-14 games, it's not that way any more.  A lot of people didn't like the "ping" and non-stop scoring.   Aluminum bats are no longer used.    It's more of a NL-type game now. 
10/25/2013 3:30 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 10/25/2013 3:15:00 PM (view original):

Roth.   Three things were notable about him.   1.  His dad got fired because he was refused time off to go to CWS and went anyway.   2.  Roth started two deciding CWS games in consecutive seasons(can't remember if he was the first).   3.  He was a soft-throwing lefty so I wondered, despite being a really good college pitcher, if he'd ever make the bigs.    ESPN interviewed him when he got the call-up.

http://www.baseball-reference.com/players/r/rothmi01.shtml

1 and 2 were big deals in the CWS.    Not sure 3 was a big deal to anyone but ESPN(obviously touting the CWS as they have network rights).

Oh he pitches for the Angels. I'm not an angel fan. Never heard of him.
10/25/2013 3:35 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 10/25/2013 3:30:00 PM (view original):
Is that enough CWS/SC baseball to convince you I'd never heard of Tim Scott until a couple of days ago?

Or do I need to talk about Adam Plutko from UCLA last season?    Or that Matt Harvey pitched for UNC a few years back?   Or that Stonybrook had a nice run in 2012?   That's actually one of the interesting things about college baseball/basketball(and why I start watching both sports during the tournaments).    A player or two can carry a low level team pretty far in the college tournaments.    Stonybrook never beats a LSU in football but they can in baseball. 

If you recall the college baseball of old, 17-14 games, it's not that way any more.  A lot of people didn't like the "ping" and non-stop scoring.   Aluminum bats are no longer used.    It's more of a NL-type game now. 
Pretty sure they still use metal bats in college.
10/25/2013 3:36 PM
Composite.
10/25/2013 3:42 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 10/25/2013 3:42:00 PM (view original):
Composite.
No, most composite bats aren't bbcor certified. Aluminum alloys are what the use.
10/25/2013 3:50 PM
  • The bat may be made of wood, or a composite material that meets NCAA standards. Starting with the 2011 season, composite bats must pass the "Bat-Ball Coefficient of Restitution" (BBCOR) test.
10/25/2013 3:55 PM
◂ Prev 1...46|47|48|49|50...57 Next ▸
Who would do a better job of running the USA? Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.