Playoffs Thread Topic

Posted by raucous on 10/2/2013 7:16:00 PM (view original):
If that happens.  I would go MIA for a week.
Red Sox-Dodgers is what the Fox execs are hoping for & MLB is instructing the umps accordingly!
10/2/2013 11:53 PM
Posted by rsp777 on 10/2/2013 11:32:00 PM (view original):
As a hardcore Tiger fan I've got to be the first to say that I won't be surprised if the series against the A's goes a sweep either way or if it goes a full five. The A's are tuff and the Tiger bats go silent a little too often for my liking. I do, however, think Detroit has the best starting staff going. Scherzer, Verlander, Sanchez will be tuff for ANYONE to beat. Detroit just might not score enough to win if the opposition pitching is good enuff.
Sounds like a scouting report for the Braves.  Their fans are saying the same thing. 
10/3/2013 9:09 AM
The real aces delivered on the first day of the NLCS, and the mediocre pitchers were awful. Not the most spine-tingling games. Let's hope the 4-game day is more entertaining!
10/4/2013 7:54 AM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
Posted by rsp777 on 10/2/2013 11:32:00 PM (view original):
As a hardcore Tiger fan I've got to be the first to say that I won't be surprised if the series against the A's goes a sweep either way or if it goes a full five. The A's are tuff and the Tiger bats go silent a little too often for my liking. I do, however, think Detroit has the best starting staff going. Scherzer, Verlander, Sanchez will be tuff for ANYONE to beat. Detroit just might not score enough to win if the opposition pitching is good enuff.
Way to go out on a limb and pick either team to sweep or possibly 5 games.
10/4/2013 3:39 PM
I have Sox over A's in ALCS, LA over PIT in NLCS.
I have Sox over LA in 6. LA, Tigers OVERRATED
10/5/2013 5:28 PM
Pit/OAk would rule!! Go Pirates!!
10/5/2013 5:59 PM
Tigers aren't overrated. Their pitching is STUD-CITY. It's been a GREAT couple of games. Just as I saw it. Good pitching over Good hitting every time.
10/7/2013 12:05 AM
Winner of Tigers/A's will be the AL team in the series.
10/7/2013 12:10 AM
I'm not sure how you can so confidently count out the Red Sox, who are crushing the ball up and down the lineup right now.
10/7/2013 7:40 AM
Posted by rsp777 on 10/7/2013 12:05:00 AM (view original):
Tigers aren't overrated. Their pitching is STUD-CITY. It's been a GREAT couple of games. Just as I saw it. Good pitching over Good hitting every time.
They're hitting is overrated, and everyone has the Tigers as the top team, and the frontrunner for the championship. They do not even have the best pitching in the playoffs, but still very good.
10/7/2013 4:28 PM
Wacha no hitter through 7.
10/7/2013 5:03 PM
Jinxed.  Too bad the Pirates still lost.
10/7/2013 6:54 PM
Since nobody cares about any of the teams still playing(unless Boston win then we'll be bombarded with those bandwagon *****), two big things have happened in the last couple of days:

1.  Mattingly chose to go with Kershaw on short rest and, hopefully, avoid a trip back east.   Worked out great.  Kershaw gets the win, Grienke will pitch game 1 and Kershaw pitches game 2 on regular rest.

2.  Leyland leaves Schezer in with bases loaded, no outs.   He gets out of it.
10/8/2013 8:02 PM
Look out for Mike. he is in a bad mood. Yankees: out of playoffs=Mike being angry
10/8/2013 8:31 PM
◂ Prev 12345 Next ▸
Playoffs Thread Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.