Schmidt Closed: Don't Ask Me About My Business... Topic

We want you to become part of the Schmidt Family.  After all, a man who doesn't join Schmidt is not really a man at all.  As you come to us on the day of our League's rollover, we're prepared to offer some favors to get you in--we're going to make you an offer you can't refuse.  Below you'll find:

1.  A brief bio on the Schmidt League
2.  A listing of the three  zero open teams and the WIS Gift Certificate we're offering (and the conditions on how it's payable to you)

About Schmidt:

Schmidt League has rolled and only has three openings this offseason, which should tell you quite a bit about the league.  We've got 18 owners that have won a World Series at WIS, and we've had only one repeat World Series winner in the last seven seasons.  It's a league of quality, and therefore, a league of parity and low turnover.  That said, due to personal circumstances of several of our past owners, some teams are available this offseason (heading into Season 19).

Toledo Touch of Grey

NL North
72-90
3 Playoff Appearance(s) Last Five Years
$15 WIS GC for winning the division in Season 19 for use in Season 20 

This a wartime team.  In a division where 79 wins would have got your first place, Toledo is well placed being only six wins behind first place.  You've got plenty of hired muscle in
Benji Espada, Earl Clark, and JP Durham.  Will Marcus Savage be back?  You need to remind him either his brains or his signature will be on that long term extension.  You'll need to watch out for Boise and Detroit on the causeway, but neither are world beaters, and Salt Lake City are a bunch of pimps--they could never outfox you.  

Albuquerque Dukes
AL West
76-86
2 Playoff Appearance(s) Last Five Years
$15 WIS GC for a playoff appearance in Season 19 for use in Season 20

This squad is going to take a little more clever business finesse, but is arguably in a better position than Toledo.  It's not a slight against Albuquerque, it's just it's not a wartime team given the division.  Is it good business to try to get another MVP type year out of
Donnie Jones?  Can your team/family afford to keep paying Jason Baker?  Right now your team controls Thomas Quinn and Alex Shigetoshi, but is Frankie Yates the next big thing bigger than all those?  How do you spend your resources so you're not in some expensive blood feud for third place?

Minnesota Lutefisk
AL North
56-106
1 Playoff Appearance(s) Last Five Years
A $15 WIS GC just for playing in Season 19 and Season 20 for use in Season 21

I'm smaaat!  I can run things!  I'm not dumb like people say!  Not a lot to work with here.  Well, you've got a top three pick in the Season 19 draft.  You've got a good deal of cap room.  You have three first round draft picks from Season 18, that were selected by a HOF type General Manager in
Yoker70. You have a pretty good SS in Kirt Finley.   Maybe you ought to move the team to Las Vegas.  Or Cuba.  Or Tahoe.  Shoot I don't know, ask Moe Greene, I hear he was  pretty good General Manager.  Whatever you do, don't go out on the boat with Rebelt.
10/9/2013 6:16 PM (edited)
Thank you for inviting me on the occasion of your simulated baseball league rollover.  And I hope the first new GM is a masculine GM.  Male or female, it's all OK as long as he or she is masculine.
10/5/2013 1:10 PM
Not interested in a adding another team, but best classified thread I have seen in years.
10/7/2013 1:45 AM
interested in al north franchise can teams be moved ?
10/7/2013 12:46 PM
Yes, teams can be moved.  We're especially interested in expanding our "influence" in New York, Reno, Las Vegas, and Havana.  
10/7/2013 1:02 PM (edited)
Remember when you join our family  to "Leave the gun. Take the cannoli." 
10/7/2013 6:54 PM
This deal we are offering......."It's not personal......It's just business"
10/8/2013 9:10 AM
I think I better take a team so ... I don't sleep with the fishes tonight.  Is the old Huntington team available ?
10/8/2013 4:35 PM (edited)
Hello cougdawg!  Old Huntington is not available— returning owner is changing cities.  If LeslieChow flakes, then we can put you at the top of the Huntington waitlist, but it's highly unlikely LC will flake.  

Welcome!
10/8/2013 7:27 PM
 Anybody missing their Horse ?
10/9/2013 11:37 AM
Yeah.  Mr. Bill is missing his horse.
10/9/2013 2:09 PM

I dont know what happened to the rest of the horse but I found the head...

10/9/2013 3:22 PM
FILLED.  Welcome to our newest member of the family.  
10/9/2013 10:34 PM (edited)
Schmidt Closed: Don't Ask Me About My Business... Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.