AUCTION League - Vol. ONE
Master Topic Thread
(This league will not attempt to begin during the draft for the DH $52M League)
- An Auction league should be an intriguing concept to try here on WIS.·
- In an AUCTION format, each owner uses his allocated budget of $100 to bid on players, thereby affording each owner an OPPORTUNITY at EVERY PLAYER.
- The Strategic component of budget and spending and assigning dollar values to great players presents a real challenge.
- Owners must account for more variables than a snake draft, because the draft becomes an interactive COMPETITION against all owners in the league.
- AUCTION drafts require AGGRESSIVE SAVVY owners – the PASSIVE nature of waiting for a turn would be a liability.
- Owners must be willing to price enforce and up-bid players he doesn’t actually want, to punish other owners while simultaneously risk punishing himself should he accidentally place the winning bid.
- The more experience and knowledge owners should benefit more so than a casual participants here as WhatIfSports.
League Set-up and RULES
- Each Franchise starts with $100
- Two week Auction lasting approximately 2 weeks.
- All players are eligible to be bid upon. No CLONES, ROOKIES, of Waiver Wire.
- The first AUCTION league may benefit from not having a traditional salary limit, such as $47 or 52 Million. I’m not against going with a traditional salary cap if it helps fill 24 owners, but will tentatively start with no traditional cap – only the $100 million Auction dollars.
- Players with Bids are awarded to Teams and are exclusive.
- Any player in WIS may be bid upon or nominated for bids if not currently listed.
- A Master Alpha based list will help owners locate players and allocate players into an initial lists by distributing players into EIGHT LOTS.
- Players not initially found in the Master Alpha List can be nominated and Bid on at any time – In Lot Eight.
- The minimum spent on each of the 12 players is $1.
- I took the top 150 players (from avg. draft order of past 5 ODL League).
- Those players were divided into FIVE groups of 30 players, thus making the first FIVE LOTs.
- Lots SIX – SEVEN – EIGHT : An additional 250 players were divided among the next three lots (6-7-8).
- LOT 8 contains some predetermined players; players not initially listed that are nominated by an Owner; and all players not purchased during the previous SEVEN Lots.)
- · Any player may be bid on at any time during the AUCTION.
- · OWNERS can bid on any player in any lot as the auction unfolds.
- · A submitted bid cannot be reduced or changed by the owner – it is final.
- · When a LOT closes – the bid is Final, and the player and Salary is awarded to the highest biding owner.
- · Bids should be whole dollar amounts – No ‘change’ or fractions.
- · Bids must be made in the appropriate Topic Thread for the LOT containing the player. The Master Topic Thread contains a Master Alpha List that determines a players corresponding LOT.
- · Bids should not be in exceeding $100 in total. An owner should not bid more that the amount his team has left. Do not ‘bounce a check’ by bidding and then winning and being responsible for more than $100.
- · The commissioner will not aintain or conduct proxy lists. Bid high if you want a payer, or give ‘marching orders’ to a buddy.
- Open Bid: Day 1: Bid on any of the players in any of the Lots. 8 AM of day one bids become official.
- LOT ONE: Day Two & Three: Deadline before 10:00 PM est. Day 3. (30 predetermined players) Players without bids @ Deadline moved to LOT 8.
- LOT TWO: Day Four & Five: Deadline before 10:00 PM est. Day 5. (30 predetermined players) Players without bids @ Deadline moved to LOT 8.
- LOT THREE: Day Six & Seven – Deadline before 10:00 PM est. Day 7. (30 predetermined players) Players without bids @ Deadline moved to LOT 8.
- LOT FOUR: Day Eight and Nine: Deadline before 10:00 PM est. Day 9. (30 predetermined players) Players without bids @ Deadline moved to LOT 8.
- LOT FIVE: Day 10 & 11: Deadline before 10:00 PM est. Day 11. (30 predetermined players) Players without bids @ Deadline moved to LOT 8.
- LOT SIX: Day 12: Deadline before 10:00 PM est. Day 12. (approx. 64 predetermined players) Players without bids @ Deadline moved to LOT 8.
- LOT SEVEN: Day 13: Deadline before 10:00 PM est. Day 13. (approx. 64 predetermined players) Players without bids @ Deadline moved to LOT 8.
- LOT EIGHT: Day 14 & 15: BARGIN BASEMENT : Deadline before 10:00 PM est. Day 15. (Lot 8 includes: approx. 64 predetermined players; every non-listed player nominated by an Owner; all players not purchased during previous SEVEN Lots.)
- Your main responsibility is to not bid over $100 for your team. Do not try to float above that amount with excessive bids with the expectation that rival owners may eventually top your bids that exceed $100 in total for your team.
- Owners will not be awarded players that exceed a $100 amount for the team.
- Bids that push over the amount would ideally be caught and amended before a Lot ends.
- In the event a Lot ends with an Owner in excess of $100 for the team, the trasaction would see the last player bid voided and the player would be placed in Lot 8.
- Ensure that all 12 player slots will have at least $1 minimum allocated for their salary.
- Questions and Comments should be addressed as soon as possible to ensure a fair and fluid Auction and League.
- Owners are more than welcome to VOLENTEER to pitch in a help this run smoothly. Taking over a particular LOT would be helpful. A volunteer owner may be in charge updating bids for the 30 players in a LOT. This is flexible idea. While I think I can handle it to some degree – the expected bid volume and keeping the tote board updated for each lot may be a daunting task.
10/6/2013 4:39 PM (edited)