What happens when no teams qualify for playoff's? Topic

I'm in a LIVE league set up by someone completely new and it looks like no one is going to make the LIVE game requirement for the playoff's.  Has this ever happened?  what's the protocol here?  I'm doing my part and playing LIVE games.
Any suggestions?
10/7/2013 6:49 PM
No one in the entire league will make the minimum? If that's the case, every team will have losses added to its record to get to the live minimum and then the standings will be recalculated. For example (assuming a Live minimum of 40), if two teams each finished 81-81, and Team A played 20 Live games and Team B played 30, Team A's adjusted record would be 61-101 and Team B would be 71-91. That would be calculated for all 12 teams in each league, and the adjusted standings would determine playoff spots, without regard to divisions (Not 100% sure about the last part). If it's just one division that will have no one make the minimum, the team with the best record that met the minimum in one of the other two divisions but did not get a playoff spot would be declared the winner of the division with no live minimums met.
10/7/2013 8:01 PM
Interesting...  thanks for clearing that up.  12 team league, one "owner" has 7 teams, including the entire NL.  Say's it's a office pool or something so they're all really different owners.  He's new and obviously didn't understand what he was doing... Either way the result is a league where no one is playing LIVE games except myself and one other owner.  Even if we play every game possible LIVE we wont hit the 50 game min.  I've been in a lot of LIVE leagues and haven't seen this yet so thought I'd ask.  thanks.
10/7/2013 8:37 PM
That is one f-ed up league. I'd send a ticket to support. This early, they might be willing to disband it. If not, I'd ask them how they'll handle a league like that. I'm not sure what they'll think of a league in which the commissioner has 7 of the 12 teams and played 1 live game.
10/7/2013 10:42 PM
What happens when no teams qualify for playoff's? Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.