Study Hall Minutes for Redshirt Players? Topic

Do study hall minutes need to be allocated to Redshirt players? Thought I read somewhere that if the Redshirt player is academically ineligible at the end of the year he's lost for the next season but can't find the info to verify.  Would appreciate any info from those in the know. 

Thanks!

10/7/2013 10:34 PM
Yeah, redshirt players still need their study hall minutes or they will become ineligible for that grade period, essentially making the redshirt worthless.  If the player becomes ineligible after the final grade period, he will still be eligible for the next season, but won't have as much skill improvement as he normally would in the offseason.
10/7/2013 10:45 PM
They do need study hall minutes but Ive found that they generally need less minutes than a freshman that is playing.
10/8/2013 5:11 AM
I think the best use of a redshirt is on a freshman that has a below average HSGPA.   Not only does the low HSGPA slow IQ growth, which makes an extra season of team practice that much more important, but it also gives the opportunity to start off with a high college GPA.  The benefit of which is the lower risk of future ineligibility (i.e. lowers how many SH minutes are required in future seasons to stay eligible).    If you have a kid with a 2.0 GPA after his redshirt, then I would bet that you'll end up forced to spend more SH in future seasons than you save during the redshirt year.  
10/8/2013 12:09 PM
Study Hall Minutes for Redshirt Players? Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.