Gridiron Dynasty 3.0 Open Thread Topic

Official announcement here 

We're proud to announce the release of Gridiron Dynasty 3.0 on October 16th. The new version of our college football simulation game is a major re-write and is full of significant improvements and additions.

This will be the open thread for any questions or concerns that you may have with the release of the upcoming game.

Here are a couple of questions that I have anticipated:

I’ve been testing the beta, and there still seems to be some issues with some of the engine, will those be fixed?

The beta testers have been a huge help in the deconstruction and reconstruction of the new engine, and they have seen it at a pretty rough state. Currently the beta engine is stable with some bugs that need to be fixed.  All of the known bugs will be fixed before the game is released and any new bugs that arise will be dealt with in a timely manner.  Also, the exact attribute distribution and current decision process is going through some thorough unit testing over the next couple of weeks to determine the most realistic feel for the game. The tweaks will be minor, but will account for some improved numbers.

Will my team’s coaching settings be carried over?

The coaching section has been overhauled; so much of the system is new. We have set up a way to import playbooks from a 2.0 game plans and practice plans will be the same.  In game plans, you’ll be given a new slate to choose from any default playbooks or any that you imported. The formations section will have defaults as well, but you’ll be given the option to fine tune these how you see fit.

Will there still be randomness in the game engine?                 

You have to have some randomness to allow for the excitement of never knowing what happens. What we have done in the latest version is mitigated the true randomness of the plays and replaced it with a better probabilistic determination of what happens. What this means is that if you have a really good team, you are going to beat an inferior team the majority of the time.

Please feel free to ask any questions, and we’ll get back to you as soon as we can. 

10/8/2013 11:31 AM
I've been very pleasantly surprised at how improved the Beta has been.  My Fayetteville St. team in Argento has been improving nicely and the game results have been getting more and more 'realistic'.  Thanks for your work on this - it has been a labor for certain.
10/8/2013 2:36 PM
Well I certainly hope this new engine is quite a bit better than the current one.....another step back and this will be complete garbage. From the little bit I have read on the beta forums, it seems as if there is still a ways to go before bugs and other issues are completely taken care of. Why would you set a date when things are still not working properly and there are still issues to be fixed? I would like to see them take another week or even a month and have the finished product be thoroughly tested by the users here.
Don't get in a hurry....make sure it is 100% finished and ready. We have waited this long....what is another few weeks?
10/8/2013 4:10 PM
Posted by da_goat on 10/8/2013 4:10:00 PM (view original):
Well I certainly hope this new engine is quite a bit better than the current one.....another step back and this will be complete garbage. From the little bit I have read on the beta forums, it seems as if there is still a ways to go before bugs and other issues are completely taken care of. Why would you set a date when things are still not working properly and there are still issues to be fixed? I would like to see them take another week or even a month and have the finished product be thoroughly tested by the users here.
Don't get in a hurry....make sure it is 100% finished and ready. We have waited this long....what is another few weeks?
+1
10/8/2013 4:44 PM
Wait, are teams still passign for 1,800 yards a game?
10/8/2013 7:36 PM
Posted by da_goat on 10/8/2013 4:10:00 PM (view original):
AGREE 100%.  Fix the KNOWN items, then release.
10/8/2013 7:37 PM
Can we get a few more scholarship players? Maybe 52, 53. With all of the options available in 3.0 a few extra players could really help out with displaying and running the team we vision. 
10/8/2013 7:40 PM
Also, will there be a new world opening? 
10/8/2013 7:41 PM
   I have a good question: Does this mean on Oct 16 that All GD moves to version 3 or will there still be worlds with  the current version in effect ?
10/8/2013 8:04 PM
Posted by mojolad on 10/8/2013 8:04:00 PM (view original):
   I have a good question: Does this mean on Oct 16 that All GD moves to version 3 or will there still be worlds with  the current version in effect ?
It's going to switch when the next season begins.
10/8/2013 9:12 PM
Somebody at  WIS set a deadline for the unveiling of 3.0.  That is the only explanation for releasing a game that  still has numerous problems.
10/8/2013 9:21 PM
Posted by johnnyluv151 on 10/8/2013 9:21:00 PM (view original):
Somebody at  WIS set a deadline for the unveiling of 3.0.  That is the only explanation for releasing a game that  still has numerous problems.
It's not as if this isn't what WIS does anyways. I'm not trying to criticize or call them out for it. 
With that said, it's also smart to capitalize on the football season ramping up into full gear and with that the potential lure of new players.
Another thing to consider is that they can conceivably get more data from releasing it across all the real worlds and get feedback on certain issues they already knew to be a problem than in beta where not everyone potentially plays or pays full attention.
10/8/2013 9:48 PM
I have a player that has 7,763 yards and 97 touchdowns through 10 games. The player, and the team he is on is an outlier tho. The team is as good as many DIA schools and the school itself is DII. I will have 4 QB's that will likely have 6k yards after the season is over, but most QB's are in an acceptable range. I may have stumbled upon something that works, at least against Simmy. 
10/9/2013 12:41 AM
 Well, I gotta admit, I may be one of the few but I "like" the current version. And I HATE change. I guess I knew it had to come but was not looking forward to it  
10/9/2013 6:43 AM
Posted by mojolad on 10/9/2013 6:43:00 AM (view original):
 Well, I gotta admit, I may be one of the few but I "like" the current version. And I HATE change. I guess I knew it had to come but was not looking forward to it  
I'm right there with ya.
10/9/2013 7:05 AM
1234 Next ▸
Gridiron Dynasty 3.0 Open Thread Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.