What's in a name? Name Game Twist- 100mil (3 in) Topic

Have you ever been working on a twist team and found a guy who you thought would be great, only it turned out it was the wrong guy? Like the Pedro Martinez on the 97 Reds? This league will celebrate those players.

This is NOT a full twist league. Let me be clear - the only twisting will be the name game twists.

First step: Pick a real life team, any team from 1920-2013.

Second step: Name Game #1 - you can replace any player with the exact same first/last name combo of any other player. In other words, you can use the '96 Reds and turn the 'bad' Pedro into 1999 Pedro, but you can't twist the bad Pedro into the 1993 season of bad Pedro. These players can be from before 1920.

Third step: Name Game #2 - if your team is at or below .500, you can twist any TWO players who have the same exact last name. These players can also be from before 1920. So you could twist Barry Larkin into Harry Larkin and Joe Oliver into Darren Oliver. If your starting team is above .500 you can twist ONE player into another player with the same last name.

NOTE: If you twist a player, you can't use the original. So you can't have a Harry Larkin and a Barry Larkin.

Coincidentally, there are no other players in history named Ruth or Joss. Oh darn.

Starting teams will be exclusive. I'll pick mine 10th.

Here are the rest of the specs:

SALARY CAP: 100mil
DH: NO
AAA: YES: 6/2 below average
WW: NO
TRADES: NO
INJURIES: YES
LIVE: Not required, not restricted
CLONES: NO

It's possible that we won't hit the 100mil cap, or that only a few teams will get there. That's OK. I want to leave plenty of room for name games. I'm including the AAA since we're basically working with real life teams, who might be 200 PAs short at some position. But they'll be below average, so they definitely won't be good starters at 100mil.
10/9/2013 11:58 AM
Sitemail list:

jfranco77; specsman; shysters

Owner List:

1. jfranco77 - TBA
2. specsman - 2013 Braves
3. shysters - 1998 Braves
10/14/2013 3:26 PM (edited)
2013 Atlanta Braves
10/11/2013 12:32 PM
Cool, welcome aboard!
10/14/2013 11:16 AM
'98 Braves
10/14/2013 1:09 PM
you got it shysters. welcome!
10/14/2013 3:26 PM
What's in a name? Name Game Twist- 100mil (3 in) Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.