With the release of 3.0 in a few weeks to all worlds, I wanted to get some talks on recruiting going. After we all know that the engine runs well I think that recruiting could be bettered. Although it is one of the few areas of this game that hardly any complaints existed, I do think it could be improved to make this game much better. I did this quickly and will add our ideas to the list. YES I know there is a lot going on in terms of the engine design and rollout, but it never hurts to get ahead. Here are some ideas:
- Do not take away promised starts. (I saw this as an option in the 3.0 forum. I think it got shut it down quickly.)
- Revert back to programs keeping 100% of leftover funds. (This will make recruiting much more fun and unpredictable.)
- Institute some sort of in season recruiting. (Maybe giving funds at the beginning of each season. Responses could come some time during the evening each day.)
- Making grades important. (Not like HD, but more in terms of passing entrance exams to be admitted. Ex Demar Dorsey and Michigan, 2010-11)
- Schools keeping bowl/playoff money. (Thus making it easier for new coaches.)
- Creating a "football budget", complete with coaches, trainers, camps, etc.
- Take away the starting edge for SIM AI coached schools.
- Take away the email that tells you if you are leading and make more players wait out the signing period longer.
- Set Campus visit increments from 1,000-50,000, with only few acceptances, limiting players to 5 official visits.
- Players should automatically lean toward their favorite school.
- Coaches find out legacy players before recruiting begins.
- Allow more scholarship players. (Even 3 more would be very helpful.)
- Recruit distribution do over. (Too populated in areas that make no sense, thus only feeding certain schools.)
- Enhance recruit responses.
11/2/2013 1:05 PM (edited)