$120M Build-A-Blacklist League (full) Topic

Welcome to the inaugural season of Build-A-Blacklist.  Theme details are below, but here's how this will work:

After each season, 10 new players will be added to the permanent blacklist, as follows:
AL MVP
NL MVP
AL Cy Young
NL Cy Young
AL Fireman
NL Fireman
League HR Champion (ties broken by highest AVG first, then RBI)
League SB Champion (ties broken by highest AVG first, then RBI)
League AVG Champion (ties broken by highest HR first, then RBI)
And the tenth man will be chosen by the owner of the World Series-winning team.  He must blacklist one player from his roster who had a salary greater than $1M

If the same player wins both leagues' MVP or Cy Young or Fireman awards in the same season, then I'll look at the second place finisher in each league and blacklist the one whose team had the most regular season wins.  If a player wins the MVP but is also the league HR, SB, or AVG champ, then second place in the HR, SB, or AVG race will be added to the blacklist.  No matter what, 10 new players will be blacklisted after each season.  Once a player is blacklisted, ALL seasons of that player are blacklisted and may never be used again.  Since the inaugural season does not yet have a blacklist, it will basically function as an open-style league.  Details below...

MLB106997
$120M
No AAA
No DH
No Clones
Any player
Any stadium
24 teams, randomly aligned
WW allowed
Injuries on

WALL OF CHAMPIONS
Season I - WaitNSee

Season I Blacklist
AL MVP - Ty Cobb
NL MVP - Mickey Mantle
AL Cy Young - Ed Walsh (Addie Joss blacklisted as runner-up on team with most wins)
NL Cy Young - Ed Walsh
AL Fireman - Dennis Eckersley
NL Fireman - Mariano Rivera
HR Champ - Babe Ruth
SB Champ - Rickey Henderson
AVG Champ - Tip O'Neill
WS Wild Card - ?

12/23/2013 11:21 AM (edited)
Sounds fun
10/9/2013 6:16 PM
I'd like in, please...
10/9/2013 11:21 PM
I'm in, but I do have a question. What happens if the same player gets two of the blacklisted items: i.e. Maddux wins both Cy Youngs or an MVP also leads the league in AVG? Will there be another way to get to 10 players or will the number of blacklists be reduced for that season?
10/10/2013 9:00 AM
Good question, Don.  Looks like I forgot to include that scenario in the OP.  I'll correct that now.  10 guys will be blacklisted after each season, so in scenarios involving the same guy qualifying for the blacklist from multiple categories, then a runner-up for that award or stat will be chosen to fill out the 10. 
10/10/2013 9:59 AM (edited)
In.
10/10/2013 10:04 AM
Also, the league number is posted and the first season is basically an open-style free-for-all, so just enter your teams at any time.  No need to sign up.  The goal is just to have a recurring league at $120M that gets progressively more difficult and diverse as the blacklist gets larger. 
10/10/2013 10:07 AM
In
10/11/2013 4:06 PM
In and entered. 
10/11/2013 4:16 PM
I love me some blacklist long term leagues.  I will join.
Things get freaking crazy in about season 4 or 5
10/15/2013 10:44 AM
$120M Build-A-Blacklist League (full) Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.