OT: WhatIfSports inadvertent (?) publicity Topic

Lead story on Yahoo right now references WhatIfSports

"There was no sense he would turn predictions into a career. He had no interest in gambling when he was younger and is quick to say he does not consider himself a bookmaker or is seeking a following of bettors. Rather, he was intrigued by a website called Whatifsports.com that tried to determine the result of historical fantasies. What if the 1976 Reds played the 1927 Yankees? When he started a six-month internship at Western & Southern Financial Group in Cincinnati he was stunned to learn Whatifsports was in the building next door. Soon he was doing regular work for the site.

He worked with Fry on his master's thesis: an analysis of how different NBA players interact with each other while on the court. The resulting document ran roughly 80 pages "with a lot of math," Fry says, and was a change from the flood of theses on business analytics that came pouring in from other students.

Not long after, he went into business for himself, soon learning there was a market for people who discovered he had an uncanny ability to successfully predict sports results. He got a fulltime job with WhatifSports. He worked there a few years until deciding late in 2009 to leave and start his own business, which he did in 2010."

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nfl--football-thursday--is-stat--nerd--of-football-predictions-site-brains-behind-nfl-teams--draft-boards--052329898.html

10/10/2013 4:33 PM
I've seen plenty of sites that usr whatifsports to compare sports team
10/10/2013 5:41 PM
Great Story. Congrats.
10/11/2013 9:05 AM
Maybe we can get some more coaches in now
10/11/2013 9:40 AM
That's how I heard about it .... last spring maybe?  A sports talk show had mentioned it in relation to simming vs two historical teams
10/11/2013 10:31 AM
The historical Sim is also how I found hd
10/11/2013 1:50 PM
OT: WhatIfSports inadvertent (?) publicity Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.