Tandems during Regular Season? Topic

I've got 8 guys who are SP/LR types on my roster. I've set up these 8 as four sets of Tandems for ST, and through 4 games I'm 3rd in the league with a 1.50 ERA. I know it's a small sample size & spring training, but is it worth considering this tandem format during the regular season also? Thanks!
 Hardball Dynasty – Fantasy Baseball Sim Games - Minnesota Slammers Franchise Profile
10/11/2013 10:59 AM

If it works for you over the long run, sure.

You'll want to stay on top of monitoring it for pitch counts and fatigue.  You may want/need to shorten the pitch counts for your A starters because they'll be going on only three days rest instead of the more standard four.

10/11/2013 11:24 AM
I used a bastardized version all season in MG.  SP1, SP2, T3A/B, T4A/B.
10/11/2013 12:18 PM
I've used tandems on occasion with good success. Like tec said, it just takes more monitoring and juggling. What I usually do is set my pitch counts to 50-70 for all of the tandem pitchers, with a pull setting of 4 or 5.
10/11/2013 12:22 PM (edited)
i'm tandeming now.  5 lower stamina starters, 1 Super RP, 1 mop-up pitcher.  Super RP is Tandem B whenever he'll be 100%.  The other guys rotate between A and B whenever they're ready.  The mop-up guy goes to Tandem B when only one guy is at 100%.  Pitch count is set to what their stamina is.  I switched last year and it actually helped get this guy 30 more innings than in a regular 5 man rotation.

Hardball Dynasty – Fantasy Baseball Sim Games - Player Profile: Allan Carpenter

10/11/2013 12:51 PM
I almost always run 4 man rotations
10/11/2013 3:11 PM
I've found working with tandems will often need more frequent tinkering and adjustments to your staff. If you're the type who can often check into your team, that works out well. If you have trouble making time to check in that could be a problem.
10/11/2013 3:41 PM
Anyone notice this guy on his roster:   Hardball Dynasty – Fantasy Baseball Sim Games - Player Profile: Reggie Cox?
Weirdest thing I have ever seen. Had final year of contract option declined, since he is a mediocre hitting LF posing as a 2B. Then he is signed for 1 yr @ 20M (yes, 20M!!!) followed by going into the Rule 5 draft and getting drafted by the OP. WTF?!?!?
10/11/2013 4:52 PM
yea, I wasn't a fan of his contract either, but since it's only 1 yr and I needed somebody capable of some sort of offense, I went ahead and did it. Plus, there is the chance I get some compensation for letting him walk next year
10/11/2013 6:06 PM
Posted by overeasy on 10/11/2013 4:52:00 PM (view original):
Anyone notice this guy on his roster:   Hardball Dynasty – Fantasy Baseball Sim Games - Player Profile: Reggie Cox?
Weirdest thing I have ever seen. Had final year of contract option declined, since he is a mediocre hitting LF posing as a 2B. Then he is signed for 1 yr @ 20M (yes, 20M!!!) followed by going into the Rule 5 draft and getting drafted by the OP. WTF?!?!?
Nice
10/11/2013 6:27 PM
Who do I call to claim Tandem Pitcher Hijacking?
10/11/2013 11:48 PM
Tandems during Regular Season? Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.