way around class size limit? Topic

I took over a sim coached team and intended on keeping a stud senior (possibly the only player worth having) on the bench until the CT when I would then grace him with a redshirt. Much to my dismay I just realized I have 6 juniors. Is my strategy dead or will I have the option of cutting one of the juniors after the season or will the class size restrictions not apply in my situation?
10/13/2013 8:03 AM
I think you can redshift him but when that class graduates you will only get 6to scholarship
s worth of money
10/13/2013 8:08 AM
There's nothing stopping you from doing it, but you're actually giving away more than $15,000 by doing so.  You'd lose the $15k next season (although he'd still be on the roster) and you wouldn't get it again when you graduated 7.   I think you'd have to account for that as giving away more than $15k, but somewhat less than $30k in present value.

On the other hand, you could create a huge super-class by the following method: year 1 - sign an ineligible; year 2 - sign 6 freshmen and 1 sophomore (redshirt the Soph); year 3 - sign and redshirt a Junior.  That gets you up to 9 in a single graduating class.  If you look hard enough, you could probably find a transfer that was initially ineligible and make the class 10 (even 11 if you are willing to redshirt a senior).    Maybe I'll try that one day...
10/13/2013 9:34 AM
Does superclassing have an unbreakable hold on this game? Seems to me it does. I understand that the rules permit it, and there is nothing wrong about playing by the rules, but the game would be better without it. Hard to beat a well-coached superclass team at their apex and not as much fun to beat them in their "my team is really young" phase. Any coaches that are yearly in the championship hunt that play with realistic class distributions?
10/13/2013 1:25 PM
Posted by MyGeneration on 10/13/2013 1:25:00 PM (view original):
Does superclassing have an unbreakable hold on this game? Seems to me it does. I understand that the rules permit it, and there is nothing wrong about playing by the rules, but the game would be better without it. Hard to beat a well-coached superclass team at their apex and not as much fun to beat them in their "my team is really young" phase. Any coaches that are yearly in the championship hunt that play with realistic class distributions?
I won a DIII championship with class distribution of 2-5-4-1 and repeated 4 seasons later with the same groupings.  In the interim, I won a title with 5-4-1-2
10/13/2013 1:45 PM
For DII Mars Hill (Smith World), I've made the NT in 57 of 60 seasons, with 21 finishes of Sweet 16 or better.  I won the NT with 3 seniors, 4 juniors, 2 sophomores, and 3 freshmen
10/13/2013 2:08 PM
I won my first title with 4 seniors but only 1 junior, 7 underclassmen...  I think superclasses are a rare exception, not anything close to being the rule...
10/13/2013 4:20 PM
I think I recall trying this once. It won't let you redshirt him since the class he'd redshirt into has 6 players already.
10/13/2013 4:43 PM
In the old days, you could have as many players in a class as you wanted. Now, you can only have 6 in a class, and the game will only give you recruiting money for 6 slots even if you have more than 6 openings.
10/13/2013 4:44 PM
No. simply because IQ doesn't mean as much as it once did. Before it was virtually impossible to contend at any level unless you had at least a couple of seniors, whereas that's not the case anymore. Just using my UNC team as an example the two seasons before this one I had a team with 0 seniors and was the #1 overall seed and lost in the E8 by to the eventual national champion and the season before that I had 1 senior and lost in the national championship. While having 6 seniors has a built in advantage because it is likely those 6 players are at their absolute best but it's not something that is impossible to overcome. It's also a hard thing to do, because at any level it's just not that easy to sign 6 guys every couple of seasons, 6 quality guys at that.
10/15/2013 4:53 PM
In Crum, I made four straight Elite Eights, and jsajsa made nine straight Elite Eights (including seven Final Fours and four titles) in a row. Both D3, obviously neither is a superclass setup
10/15/2013 4:58 PM
way around class size limit? Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.