ROY HOBBS LEAGUE (THE BEST THERE IS) Need 5 Topic

You wanna get smacked up side the head with my purse? Don't laugh;it's full of bricks!
10/27/2013 5:53 AM
The only thing wrong with Roy Hobbs is it isn't full or even close it,crawling like a snail
10/27/2013 8:37 PM
HBD is an enjoyable game,  a pleasant pastime.  But it has one serious downside -- the interminable downtime between seasons that so many HBD worlds are increasingly undergoing.  This downtime,  this dead time, tries our patience;  indeed, it adds to our impatience -- not something most of us need or want.

HBDers counsel me to buy a second team, or even two more teams, so as to always have a team up and running and, therefore, avoid fretting the down time.  But, to me, a second team would dilute my enjoyment of the game.  I wouldn't enjoy pretending I am the GM of two simulated baseball teams.  Too much like playing chess with oneself.  

Other HBDers advice me to choose a "good world," that good worlds roll over rapidly.  All I have to do is get out of the "tard worlds"  I invariably wind up in and all will be well.  But how does one distinguish a "good world" from a "tard world?"  I am unaware of a ranking system that grades the many HBD worlds by degrees of goodness and "tardness."  And, with a livelihood to earn, I can't live in HBD, hovering, watching, measuring and ranking the various worlds from my own observation -- even if I knew how to do that.

Therefore, since HBD seems unconcerned with addressing the downtime issue,  indeed is incented not to address it,  since the downtime encourages their customers to purchase multiple teams,  it has finally dawned on me that I can probably find more amusing ways to squander $24.95 on the internet,  ways that involve a little more action.

And so I quit HBD.  Goodbye everybody.

10/28/2013 10:37 AM (edited)
Tom-please DON'T QUIT!!! i,for one,have had a lot of fun being in this  league with you;you have added a lot for me personally. Quitting wont' help you or the league;it's NOT the answer.I think you've made many good points in your latest post which I agree with. I tried having two teams myself to see if I could handle it and I couldn't  because I spend so much time on the team I have and did not do justice to either team when I was doing that. It answered a question in my mind I'd had for some time. I will never try that again because I now know what the outcome would be. It wasn't fun;it was just a burden I was glad to be rid of.
WIS needs to hear this from you even though we know they won't listen. Fox Sports has been a nighmare;I knew they would be. I hope it becomes such a disaster that they have to sell it back to the original guys at a steep discount because it's not paying off for them.Yes,this is a fantasy game and that's what I'm doing here. This is the diversion I need;it gets me away from any serious real life problems I have whenever I might be renting too much space in my head for no purpose.Please reconsider and do the best thing for yourself and everybody else.

10/28/2013 11:41 AM
Just saw something in the forums which may not be new to anybody but how about merging with another league also having trouble getting started? Might be the answer to the sluggishness HBD is unwilling to do anything about.
10/28/2013 12:16 PM
It might help if our classified wasn't 5 pages long and only included information owners who may be interested in joining care about.
10/28/2013 1:51 PM
If the classified thread goes dead,we will be on page 999 and nobody will look.
10/28/2013 1:55 PM
bump
10/29/2013 8:48 AM
for you guys only wanting 1 world, I like having a team in 2 worlds. 1 AL team and 1 NL  team, just for a change in strategy. try it!
10/29/2013 1:03 PM
Just added a great new owner.  You could be next!
11/1/2013 9:35 AM
11/4/2013 9:12 AM

Never thought I would see the day.  Hotdog is speechless.

11/4/2013 10:07 AM
Tried to delete and failed
11/4/2013 1:01 PM
Hobbs is now down to five openings with another team soon to be taken by a returning long-time owner.  As of right now, the open teams are Montreal & Huntington in the AL and Houston, Austin and Vancouver in the NL.  Now would be a good time to jump in and grab a team as we are starting to fill pretty quickly.
11/6/2013 12:21 PM
My first impression is there are no really bad teams left;the best is Houston if you're looking for a top team
11/6/2013 1:48 PM
◂ Prev 123456 Next ▸
ROY HOBBS LEAGUE (THE BEST THERE IS) Need 5 Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.