Looking for Advice/Criticism Topic

This is a $55 million team. When I built it, I was looking for 50+ wins out of it. But it's just not playing as well as I thought it would. Can anybody offer suggestions on where I went wrong?

http://whatifsports.com/nba-l/stats.asp?teamid=391713

Oh, and by the way, it has 49.2% oreb, 120.2% dreb, 96.1% ast, and 111.2% usg in the starting 5. Am I wrong in saying these are good numbers?

10/15/2013 7:55 AM
At first glance, too many minutes and the wrong seasons of wilt and rodman.
10/15/2013 8:13 AM
way too many minutes. every minute you draft once you're at 19,700 is a waste, and you can honestly get by with less than that if you want to draft the most effective players. Try drafting fewer minutes and still filling out the cap
10/15/2013 9:46 AM
I know that 66-67 Wilt is the one to use but I needed more usage. I couldn't find a solid backup for the 91-92 Rodman @ SF with the qualifications that I wanted (10+ oreb%, 25+ dreb%). And it's not like you savvy vets are really going to tell me how to back him up.
10/15/2013 11:39 AM
you didn't need more usage
10/15/2013 12:46 PM
yeah you would have still had 103% cumulative usage in the SL using the correct Wilt.

Your worm logic makes no sense to me.  So instead of having to fill 500-600 minutes at the 3, you now have to fill 1400-1500... and in the meantime, use a less superior version.

For anything $55m and over, 66-67 Wilt & 91-92 Worm are not really negotiable.  I made a $55m theme league and offered to buy the winner a free team if they could win without one of them and 2 free teams if they won without both of them.

Guess how many teams without either made it to the playoffs?

10/15/2013 4:25 PM
is that the first championship league hoops? if so my teams been a bit disapointing to i was expecting my team to dominate the league and although its beatin the bad teams easy against the contenders its 1-4.
http://whatifsports.com/nba-l/stats.asp?teamid=390296 there's my team if i could get some idea of why its not living up to expectations it would be helpful

10/15/2013 5:39 PM
My worm logic is like this: I like having backups with similar advanced stats as the starters, so there isn't a big falloff in production when a starter gets fatigued or into foul trouble (which has been an issue). I was originally going to have 91-92 Rodman @ PF, but when I stumbled across Michael Smith (my backup SF), I decided to try going all in with boards-- and this isn't even working, as I've gotten outrebounded in 5 of my 12 games so far.

I get what you're saying about Wilt, I was just concerned about everybody hitting RL ppg but still getting outscored. 

10/15/2013 5:50 PM
Posted by hoopsdude on 10/15/2013 5:50:00 PM (view original):
My worm logic is like this: I like having backups with similar advanced stats as the starters, so there isn't a big falloff in production when a starter gets fatigued or into foul trouble (which has been an issue). I was originally going to have 91-92 Rodman @ PF, but when I stumbled across Michael Smith (my backup SF), I decided to try going all in with boards-- and this isn't even working, as I've gotten outrebounded in 5 of my 12 games so far.

I get what you're saying about Wilt, I was just concerned about everybody hitting RL ppg but still getting outscored. 

At high caps, ur logic should be to get the best starters possible.
10/15/2013 6:04 PM
Posted by ncmusician_7 on 10/15/2013 6:04:00 PM (view original):

At high caps, ur logic should be to get the best starters possible.
Yeah.  Accept a small (or even medium) falloff for 6-7 minutes a game to dominate for 41-42 (and can be upped in the playoffs)... that's what you're shooting for.
10/15/2013 6:31 PM
Ok. I get where I went wrong with the personnel. But I think this team should be averaging at least 55 rebs per game, if not close to 60. I have teams totally outmatched, especially at SG, SF, and PF (LeBron, Rodman and Love). Usually the C is a split, going up against some other Wilt, whether it's 60-61, 66-67, or 67-68. But I'm still getting outrebounded. I just checked, I have gotten beat on the boards in 4 of my 12 games, all against teams with inferior rebounding compared to me. Any thoughts on how I'm losing the battle I thought I would win nearly every game?
10/15/2013 8:29 PM
Oh and ash, congrats on championship #48
10/15/2013 8:35 PM

Flawed logic in considering Rodman at PF.

I would only use him as a SF...the rebounding advantage is too great.

I like - Considering no clones

94-95 Stockton
12-13 King
91-92 Worm
02-03 Wallace
66-67 Wilt
10/15/2013 8:53 PM
Posted by hoopsdude on 10/15/2013 8:29:00 PM (view original):
Ok. I get where I went wrong with the personnel. But I think this team should be averaging at least 55 rebs per game, if not close to 60. I have teams totally outmatched, especially at SG, SF, and PF (LeBron, Rodman and Love). Usually the C is a split, going up against some other Wilt, whether it's 60-61, 66-67, or 67-68. But I'm still getting outrebounded. I just checked, I have gotten beat on the boards in 4 of my 12 games, all against teams with inferior rebounding compared to me. Any thoughts on how I'm losing the battle I thought I would win nearly every game?
Too many people are using the same players, and some are putting King, Magic, or Kidd at PG likely and Stockton doesn't help there, but Stockton's shooting, passing, and D make up for the lack of rebounding IMO.
10/15/2013 8:56 PM
thanks man.

You're doing pretty good on the boards.  Even the best rebounding team will lose the board battle from time to time... that's just the nature of the sim.  As for why you're not getting 55 rpg... You're in a high cap league.  This means (for the most part) that everybody should have high(er than normal) efg% & reb%.  Higher efg% means less opportunities for boards.  Everyone having higher reb% means a more even distribution of boards.  Having a +7 rpg differential is pretty legit at any cap.  The only way I'd say you could do better would be to have Rodman in there for more minutes & have a better boarding point guard than Stockton.

10/15/2013 8:58 PM
12 Next ▸
Looking for Advice/Criticism Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.