C'mon "old school" WiS users. Take a chance. 8 in. Topic

Do you love gimmick leagues? Offense? Mathematics? Silly season time!

This will be a "Bring what you brought" league, designed to push offense to the limits.  It's not quite a "break the sim" style league, since the choices available for pitching strategy will lead to less than the theoretical maximum number of runs generated.

Rules:
No clones, no live, no trades, no AAA, yes DH, injuries off, cap $255m (go ahead, try to use it)
All games played in Mile High stadium
All hitters/seasons available
Pitchers - you can draft anyone you want, limited by: HR/9 2+, OAV .350+, BB/9 3+, WHIP 2+

MLB107084

This may take some time to fill, so I would ask for patience.  I will donate a gift certifcate to the team that generates the most runs.
11/7/2013 8:30 PM (edited)
Calling out all of you who made the old Sim Breaker leagues such a success.  Sure it's easier now with the maximum plate appearance rules, but yogsloth has removed AAA from the mix.  Let's try it this way!
10/19/2013 1:08 PM
Is there a cap
11/6/2013 11:22 PM
The cap is $255 million.  I'm in already, I think that this will be a fun league!
11/7/2013 10:42 AM
I'll jump in - never done an all offense league before... a quick check shows there's only 29 instances that fit the pitching criteria, and some of those are clones (so it's more like 20 pitchers to choose from - so maybe 300 bad innings at best; this is going to be a blood bath).
11/7/2013 3:54 PM
you have no one over 69 innings.   bad pitching is one thing, but you'd have all 0 stamina within a few days....that could have been cy young pitchers if you are only gonna wear out low inning guys...and I can't imagine any more of a "maximum" possible runs scored scenario.
11/7/2013 8:02 PM (edited)
Oh, believe me, it can be worse.

I played in a league where the worst six pitchers were mandatory... and were the only six you could have. <200 IP of the worst of the worst.

At least I gave everyone a FEW options!
11/7/2013 8:21 PM
The point is that the entire pitching staff will be completely fatigued after about a week.  It'll add to the offense.  Yogsloth has created a truly offense-first league!  It'll be fun to see how high the scores go.
11/7/2013 8:49 PM
My vote is that Bergman will win a Cy Young Award...with a 123.24 ERA!
11/7/2013 9:05 PM
I will give it a try
11/13/2013 1:28 PM

Welcome to all those who have joined.  I hope you can stick with it while we fill... quite a lot of diversity on the rosters thus far! 

11/14/2013 12:00 PM
This league seems like it will be fun.  Hopefully we can get a few more owners to fill it up
11/30/2013 9:35 AM
Bump
12/5/2013 1:43 PM
C'mon "old school" WiS users. Take a chance. 8 in. Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.